Location: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 214760
Organization: Teradata GDC
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan.
Position Title: Data Scientist
Department: Data Science
Hiring Manager: Dr. Salman Shahid
No. of Positions: 1
Teradata GDC is looking to add dynamic new members to our Data Science team. We design, develop & deliver Data Science, Machine Learning and Artifical Intelligence solutions addressing real-world business problems for our global clients in domains as diverse as Retail, Finance, and Healthcare to Oil & Gas, Hospitality and Telecomunications. These solutions incorporate cutting edge ML and AI tools with our best in class cloud analytics platform Vantage.Interested candidates should have good analytical skills, business understanding, above average communication skills and an understanding backed by experience of DWH and Cloud concepts.
Successful candidates will -
- Engage with Teradata account teams and prospective customers to analyze and understand customer requirements.
- Work directly with prospective customers’ technical and business teams to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements.
- Work on POC and Pilot Projects to showcase the benefits of Advanced Analytics and Big Data Technologies to customers.
- Use Analytical tools and Deep Learning frameworks; like SAS, Python, R, DeepStream, TensorFlow, AzureML etc., to deliver the required analytics solutions
- Comfortable with hands-on data wrangling and number crunching skills to develop the right insights
- Present findings to IT and Business stakeholders.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to come up with possible solutions/analytics.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years’ experience in data driven field (e.g. BI, DWH, Analytics etc.).
- Hands on experience with programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Java, etc.)
- Comfortable with and experience using SQL.
- Familiarity with Statistical concepts. In-depth understanding is a plus.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts. In-depth understanding is a plus.
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning is a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Experience in data analysis is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage critical situations.
- Team player.
- Business understanding for at least one field.
- Story building skills.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK