Data Scientist Lead
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 214743
The data science practice at Teradata delivers business insights and value to clients through big data analytics. Our data solutions integrate into engineering and decision-making processes. Additionally, we offer advisory services to our clients including use case prioritization, tool selection, training, and capability definitions.
Teradata is expanding its data science team in Cairo.
We are looking for data scientists that are…
- Highly self-motivated
- Keen on learning and continuous self-development
As a data scientist, you will independently and as part of a team:
- Perform all the phases of a data science project: business understanding, data understanding and preparation, exploratory analysis, modeling, model evaluation, communicating results and business value of a model to the client and finally deploying your data product.
- Follow team development processes.
- Based on the nature of the project and the available tools, learn, and adapt quickly to different technologies and tools than the ones you are used to.
As a principal, you are expected to:
- Lead and mentor data scientists in client projects
- Focus on the business value generated by artificial intelligence
- Interface more frequently with clients
- Improve team processes
- Be tools agnostic
- Sc. or Ph.D. in machine learning or a relevant discipline.
- Expert level in Python including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Solid understanding of deep learning techniques
- Familiar with PySpark and MLlib
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau or PowerBI for visualization
- Natural Language Processing experience
- Have considerable experience in any of the following domains: telco, government, or banking
- Intermediate level in either C, Java, C++, or C#
- Intermediate level in SQL
- Software engineering experience (OOP, Agile methodologies, Git, continuous development, etc.)
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, DevOPS and MLops
- Analytical rigor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical & business presentation skills
- Ability to do pre-sales activities
- Professional consulting background at the corporate level
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist Lead
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG