Senior Technical Trainer and Developer / Cloud Specialist
Multiple Locations: San Diego, California, United States • London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 214739
Title: Senior Technical Trainer and Developer / Cloud Specialist
Location: United States, virtual
Are you passionate about learning and development? Do you want to work in a high impact, collaborative, and innovative role? Teradata Technical Enablement is looking for a Technical Instructor / Course Developer / Cloud Specialist (AWS primarily), who wants to be a part of building exciting new Teradata Vantage technical courses on our Cloud and Vantage products. This team supports the learning and enablement of Teradata associates, customers, and partners across the enterprise - globally.
Teradata provides the leading cloud data analytics platform that enables companies to unlock continuous unlimited value from their data, and Teradata customers, partners and associates need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. Our Technical Enablement team is developing highly technical courses with extensive hands-on labs that allow our associates deep into our technologies, e-learning courses and microlearning videos in the Vantage UI that can be accessed 24x7. You'll get to educate and play at the same time, as well as design and support our cloud training lab environments!
The successful candidate is a confident, articulate professional with a healthy technical knowledge of IT domains and Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand training (PowerPoint slides and hands-on labs, typically in SQL). Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience teaching virtual instructor-led training classes as well as instructional design, technical documentation, or customer-facing presentation creation experience. Above all, you will have a passion for learning new technologies.
- Design, develop, and deliver technical enablement courses (virtual and live instructor-led training / workshops with hands-on labs in Cloud environments) in support of Vantage Cloud SaaS (AWS, Google and Azure) with cloud native services, cloud migration tools, and other Teradata Vantage capabilities and features optimized for cloud modernization. Primary audiences include global technical consultants implementing services such as cloud migrations, data/solution engineers, and post-sales customer-facing roles as well as for customers and partners (DevOps, DBAs, Data Engineers, Data Scientists)
- Develop cloud native services (AWS preferred) + Teradata Vantage end user, cloud migration and/or DBA courseware for virtual instructor-led training, e-learning and other forms of blended learning
- Develop and deliver various Teradata courses especially Vantage on AWS and open to learn new technical tools and topics related to Vantage, Cloud, Cloud Migration, Analytics, Workload Management, Physical Database Design, Database Administration or any Consulting Service Portfolio trainings, etc. For example: QueryGrid, Streams, Native Object Store, Teradata Parallel Transporter, Data Mover, Teradata Advanced SQL Engine, Viewpoint, In-Database analytics, Vantage Analytics Library
- Design creative hands-on learning experiences that can be utilized just-in-time and provide on-the-job performance support such as microlearning videos and recorded demos for eLearning courses
- Assist with creating and maintaining technical curriculum for Teradata consultants, partners and customers
- Maintain close working relationships with the environment team and assist them in streamlining the systems/instances for training delivery
- Build and cultivate relationships with Teradata leaders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and stakeholders, including consulting with them to understand product release contents/timelines and needs and develop appropriate learning deliverables to develop identified skills and knowledge
- Be adaptable to change, self-motivated, and able to act independently to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Challenge existing models and processes to design innovative learning that can be used just-in-time and provide on-the-job performance support.
- 6-8+ years of experience developing and delivering technical courses to one or more of these types of audiences: data engineers, solution architects, devops, database and cloud administrators, cloud migration engineers, consulting services, technical sales, presales architects, customer success managers, data scientists, business analysts, citizen data scientists
- 3-6+ years of experience coding in SQL language and either Python or R where you are proficient creating courseware teaching SQL and either Python or R
- Domain expertise in Cloud Technology - cloud native services (such as Glue, Data Factory, Dataflow, Kubernetes, Docker, Databricks, Redshift), object stores, scaling, building cloud systems, and snapshots),
- Working knowledge of Databases. If not Teradata, then Oracle, SQL Server, Postgress, Presto, MySQL
- Experience with ETL tools (e.g. Glue, Data Factory, Dataflow, Teradata Data Mover, Teradata Parallel Transporter)
- Working knowledge of Cloud services (Compute, Storage, Networking and Security)
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to new database tools and technologies and learn quickly
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Office 365 applications, particularly in creating courseware in PowerPoint
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Strong time management, communication and writing skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities
- Excel in learning quickly, working independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time including International travel (currently all courses are taught virtually)
These skills are a plus:
- Teaching virtual training using Webex Training Center or similar software
- Expertise in big data tools such as Kafka, Spark, Presto, Airflow
- Data Science, data analytics, H20 AI/AutoML and tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, JupyterHub
- Virtualization (VMware)
- Experience with Teradata Vantage ecosystems and cloud lab environment providers
- Experience using software for recording microlearning videos (e.g. Camtasia), simulation recordings (e.g. Captivate, Articulate 360)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Trainer and Developer / Cloud Specialist
Job Category: Services
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US