Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer - Monitoring
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • San Diego, California, United States • Atlanta, Georgia, United States • New York, New York, United States
Requisition Number: 214714
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer, Monitoring
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then this is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Sr Staff DevOps Engineer to lead in building and operating highly scalable, fault tolerant, and secure systems in a distributed system highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Provide architectural leadership for developing and building highly available systems and software in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement for technology, and processes
- Lead in-depth analysis for improving the deployment of cloud-native applications, monitoring, securing, and supporting a large-scale public cloud environment
- Analyze and improve existing provisioning processes for automation opportunities and improvements
- Drive the improvement of proactive alerting using modern monitoring tools such as Datadog, NewRelic, Nagios
- Improve system monitoring and observability through log analysis, dashboard creation, and automated alerts based on established service level objectives (SLO) and service level agreements (SLA)
- Mentor team members in use of industry standard best practices
- Working with the development teams to clarify runtime infrastructure requirements
- Collaborating with other teams to gather requirements, and decompose large tasks into small, testable commits
- Understanding performance and security considerations for the code we deploy
- Collaborate with distributed, global teams to achieve common goals
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery through the use of modern CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
- Perform and improve SRE / operational functions, such as monitoring and maintenance of productions systems
- 12+ years of relevant job experience
- Expert level hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms with at least one of the big three Google Cloud, Azure, and AWS. (Google Cloud and Azure highly preferred)
- Expert coding skills
- Proven experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Strong experience with Test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Nagios, and Graphite
- Strong experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience working with database systems, network topologies, and hardware
- Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack preferred
- Experience working in hybrid environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer - Monitoring
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US