Senior Director, Enterprise Sourcing
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214699
The Senior Director, Sourcing & Procurement will lead Teradata’s Indirect Procurement Function and drive its ongoing transformation to become a strategic business partner, enhance our ESG profile, optimize spend and protect Teradata from unreasonable risk.
- Bring thought leadership and perspective on leading edge procurement practices and tools
- Develop a vision for Procurement as a Strategic Business Partner
- Build a Strategy to transform and scale the function
- Lead, develop, and care for a world class team of professionals
- Influence Stakeholders to recognize the value of a world class Procurement Function
- Partner with stakeholder organizations to develop and implement efficient, integrated processes
- Create plan to develop, communicate and deliver sourcing and category strategies to provide ongoing annual cost reduction on entire indirect sourceable spend while meeting business requirements
- Partner with business leaders to identify and assess opportunities, and define / deliver category-specific sourcing strategies
- Drive themes of buying power leverage and complexity reduction across all category strategies
- Review historical spend and identify areas for improvement (demand reduction, specifications, commercial)
- Minimize cost and maximize value in the sourcing process by deploying optimal sourcing levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ
- Leverage, assess and manage partnerships with external vendors to secure the most advantageous strategic benefits and commercial terms
- Partner with vendors to build/maintain constructive, long term relationships that provide both strategic and commercial benefits. Analyze markets and identify potential new suppliers
- For key / top vendor negotiations; develop negotiation strategies and participate in negotiations
- Define and lead best practice vendor management processes ranging from vendor identification and selection to contract, compliance and performance management including scorecards and regular reviews
- Build a highly credible sourcing function and become a sought-after value-added partner to business leaders
- Ensure Sourcing’s vision and goals are articulated clearly and understood across organization
- In collaboration with business leaders, develop a multi-year roadmap for Sourcing which aligns with business plans in key areas
- Proactively provide the “Voice of Sourcing” to business leaders to drive improvement / results – even in the face of resistance to change
- Develop best-in-class sourcing team; support Category Managers in their development and in building credibility and high impact relationship with business leaders
- Manage cohesive sourcing team that works in alignment across the organization
- Monitor progress and drive continuous improvement; ensure sourcing practices remain aligned with overall business need. Track and report key sourcing KPIs / metrics to provide visibility to impact and effectiveness
- Establish and enforce procedures to ensure proper procurement standards, processes and controls for the organization
- Oversee processes for contract administration, quality assurance, risk management, modification of special terms, and contract closeout or termination
- Transform Third Party Risk Management from a bottleneck to a valuable information source
- Optimize / Automate Procurement Operations Process for maximum efficiency and scale
- Lead the global expansion of the Contingent Labor Program including scaling a Vendor Management System and bringing on a Managed Service Provider
- BA/BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration plus a minimum of 15 years of strategic sourcing experience. Will consider MBA degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration plus a minimum of 10 years of strategic sourcing experience.
- Fifteen or more years of solid corporate indirect sourcing, experience, including at least ten years of experience with commodity management encompassing the entire procure to pay cycle.
- Experience successfully leading top to bottom Procurement Transformation
- Experience leading a Supplier/Third Party Risk Management Function
- Experience building/scaling, and leading a Contingent Labor Program
- Extensive applied knowledge and experience of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Strong negotiations and influencing skills
- A history of creating value for an organization – track record of working with business leaders to achieving consistent year over year hard cost savings in indirect spend categories
- Passion for achieving and demonstrating results
- Advanced Knowledge of Sourcing, Contract Lifecycle Management, Risk Management, P2P, and Contingent Labor Software and Tools
- Demonstrated experience collecting and analyzing data, applying principles of financial analysis, aptitude in decision-making, and working with numbers
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated experience working with ERP system in a purchasing environment
- Working understanding of the purchasing approved supplier list, vendors setup rules, supplier sourcing functionality, and the associated effect on purchasing execution process and systems
- Experience in designing and developing procurement organizations, source to pay processes, category management, supplier performance management and eProcurement systems required
- Work experience in global organizations across functions and cultures is required
- Experience with data mining and analysis techniques.
- Experience working at a publicly traded, global organization.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Enterprise Sourcing
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US