Sales & Use Tax Analyst
Multiple Locations: Atlanta, Georgia, United States • Duluth, Georgia, United States • Johns Creek, Georgia, United States • Peachtree Corners, Georgia, United States • Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 214673
This position will focus on assisting with all aspects of sales & use tax compliance and reporting.
It requires interaction with other business groups, as well as senior corporate tax members and reports directly to Sales & Use Tax Manager. More specifically, the Sales & Use Tax Analyst will be responsible for making use tax determinations through extensive review and tracking of company purchases and assist with other specific indirect tax assessments, sales & use tax audits, refund requests, sales & use tax compliance reporting and other sales & use tax related activity.
Use Tax Determinations
- Generate Transactional Reports
- Review Vendor Invoices and Contracts
- Tax Research and Resolution
- SW Distribution Management
- CA R&D Qualifying Purchases
Assist Sales Tax Manager
- Sales Tax Audit Preparation
- Sales Tax Compliance Reporting
- Coordinate and work with other departments on tax issues
- Form W-9 requests
- Tax Exemption Certificates
- Business License renewals
- Maintaining reference files
- GL Tax Reconciliations
- Previous experience in sales/use tax required with 3+ years preferred
- Familiar with GL Account Reconciliations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Pivot Tables, Formulas & Macros a plus
- Comfortable with Oracle or similar ERP operating system
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Dependable, with good work ethic
We will consider virtual candidates in the United States for this opening. Candidates located near an office (such as Atlanta) will work in a hybrid in-office/work-from-home model.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Sales & Use Tax Analyst
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US