Staff Product Manager – Developer Experience
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 214661
Hybrid, Mexico City
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks. You would join a team of engineers, to build cloud services like data streaming and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you.
Teradata is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
The Teradata developer experience team’s charter is to empower builders with technology that makes it easy for them to create solutions on Vantage. The team is growing and looking for a passionate, skilled, and experienced Staff Product Manager that will own the Developer Portal vision, strategy, and delivery. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee the developer experience for how thousands of developers globally discover and adopt tools and APIs of the Vantage Platform. The Developer Portal is the first and most important touchpoint in the developer journey, making sure we guide developers to the right place based on the problem they are looking to solve. Our goal is making this the best platform experience for building data applications and solutions.
This role is best suited for a product manager who is passionate about technology and working with developers.
Role and responsibilities
- Establish and own the direction, strategy, and roadmap for the Teradata Developer Portal and reference documentation guides/pages.
- Define and track outcomes
- Create a compelling and easy to use web experience that helps educate builders on how to use the Vantage Platform
- Understand the different developer personas and identify how we can empower them to be more productive building and integrating on the Teradata Vantage Platform
- Experiment by developing and validating hypotheses, and testing solution concepts with customers and partners
- Partner with Engineering, UX and other Product Managers to build delightful for accelerating developer productivity
- Speak with Developers daily to translate their needs and problems into product requirements
- Define and analyze metrics that describe how successful your products are
- Work with product marketing and developer evangelists to define tactics and initiatives that drive adoption of products
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Experience as a software engineer
- Experience building web applications
- Experience with web analytic tools
- Experience with API/Webservices related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (for example, Drupal, WordPress, Kentico)
- Experience building products in public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of product discovery techniques
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships with Engineering, UX, Sales, and product area leaders across the organization
- Solid technical foundations with a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically
- Deep passion for working with developers
- Excellent communication, listening, writing skills
- Entrepreneurial, energetic self-starter who can navigate through ambiguous environments and work independently when needed
- At least 3 years of experience in product management, including providing product vision, strategy development, data-influenced product planning and prioritization
What we offer you:
Major Health Insurance, Minor Health Insurance, Dental Plan, Pension Plan- Optional, Food Vouchers, Restaurant Voucher, Saving Fund, Vacations Premium- above the legal limit, Vacations Days- above the legal limit, Christmas Bonus - above the legal limit, Flexible work model in Mexico City
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Product Manager – Developer Experience
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX