Location: Espoo, Finland
Requisition Number: 214637
Location: The role is client facing. The successful candidate can be based anywhere in Helsinki metropolitan area, but is expected to travel in line with the needs of the business.
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform company: Teradata Vantage™ is our flagship data platform that unifies everything—data lakes, data warehouses, analytics and enables the world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data. Teradata consulting services’ deep industry expertise helps turn this data into knowledge that improves business performance. Teradata’s offering is called Pervasive Data Intelligence: providing real answers to enterprise business problems using its sophisticated analytical platform that can scale across a complex on-prem, cloud or hybrid data ecosystem.
Technical Leads work hand in hand with Teradata customers to provide architectural and technical guidance in areas of data lineage, data modelling, solution design to help them make the best use of the capabilities that Teradata Vantage™ is offering. They work closely with the customer to understand how to best adopt and integrate the Teradata Vantage™ into their ecosystem.
Technical Leads are responsible for the overall technical relationship between customers and Teradata. They are the liaison between customer, engagement managers and consulting team, ensuring the delivery meets the expected quality and deadlines.
In this role you will be involved in both pre and post sales projects, with the focus on post sales. You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and Teradata technologies, and you will daily be exposed to learning something new. Specific knowledge of services such as DataOps, DevOps, Cloud Migration and demonstrable experience with one or more public cloud platforms would be an advantage, but not required provided you have a good technical foundation and a desire to learn
The person will report to the Northern Practice leader based in Copenhagen.
Key responsibility areas include:
- Work close with the client to understand their business goals, IT plans, architecture and provide recommendations for data architecture and solution design.
- Provide technical direction for the design and implementation of the system integration in client engagements ensuring the solutions are designed and built in accordance with Teradata’s best practices and standards.
- Drive the delivery of the solution from requirements gathering phase all the way to production.
- Identify and quantify system deficiencies and proactively address them with effective solutions.
- Work closely with the Teradata project manager to ensure the success of the delivery engagement.
- Acting as the go-to person for both the customer and Teradata team for guidance and direction related to the solution design and delivery.
- Communicate and enforce standards while working on continually improving our best practices.
- Manage communication regarding solution design and approach with client technical stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison between the consulting team, the client stakeholders and Teradata project manager.
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- Experience as either an Enterprise/Solution/Technical Architect or Technical Delivery Lead.
- Experience of the full lifecycle in a variety of software development methodologies.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills: effective communicator, with an ability to provide solutions as well as being open minded to those of others.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for making large companies smarter by leveraging analytics at scale.
- Experience designing, building, refactoring large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud.
- Working knowledge of data warehouse or data lakes.
- Working knowledge of cloud native architectures.
- Passionate about making large companies smarter by leveraging analytics at scale.
Must be fluent in Finnish, working knowledge of Swedish is a plus. Candidates must have a relevant Bachelors degree or higher.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Lead
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Espoo, Uusimaa FI