Product Owner - Partner Tools and Technologies (Salesforce.com)
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 214635
Product Owner - Partner Tools & Technologies (Salesforce.com)
Location: Virtual in the US
Full-time individual contributor
Teradata is looking to add to our existing Sales Tools & Technologies team a new analytical, problem solving and solution-oriented Product Owner with experience supporting B2B partner sales organizations.
Day to day focus is on implementation, adoption, hygiene and documenting best practices while being on the leading edge of developing and representing business requirements and delivering tools and technology platforms for Partner Relationship Management, and digital tools for the full partner lifecycle / journey including recruitment; enrollment; onboarding; training; content management; lead distribution; deal registration; market development funds; configuration, pricing, and quoting (CPQ); order management; rewards and incentive management; planning; collaboration; and analytics.
This position will work closely with , Partner Operations Managers, Sales Operations Managers, Technology and Enablement teams, Marketing, and IT to define and deliver channel partner technology solutions and business processes aligned with our strategy and roadmap. This Product Owner will be supported by a large internal team of product owner colleagues, technology enablement specialists, technology system administrators and developers, and external business and technology consultants or system integrators. Teradata utilizes the Salesforce.com platform as a strategic core technology platform, so this Product Owner will be working with the Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce CPQ, and Salesforce Experience Cloud, and related and integrated platforms and applications.
The ideal candidate will be data driven, intellectually curious, a fast learner, strong collaborator, and able to move quickly and independently while maintaining focus on high impact projects aligned to a global strategy and to develop and make recommendations on business technology and business process improvements that help accelerate Teradata’s partner business.
This is a full-time individual contributor position based in any Teradata North American office or open to Virtual candidates remotely anywhere within the USA.
- Work closely and directly with partner operations team, channel / partner account managers, channel leaders, and other team members to capture feedback for partner technology and process improvements to drive adoption and deliver business value.
- Product Owner for assigned capability / program area representing the partner business stakeholder(s) and process owner for such designated areas and capabilities
- PRM platform innovation: Define, document, and share PRM best practices and requirements. Work with Partner operations and ITES organization to design, develop, launch and implement new PRM
- Ensure that partner sales processes are well integrated across all existing and future TD systems and tools
- Develop and make recommendations to business process improvements and impacts to partner business / sales including CSP Marketplaces and CSP Partner portal integration
- Develop and maintain adoption metrics and dashboards to track utilization of partner tools and technologies and identify areas of growth and those in need of improvement based on the data
- Build and manage relationships with cross-functional teams such as Channel Leadership, Geographic Sales Leadership, Partner Operations Team, Sales Operations Managers, Marketing, and IT to ensure that tools and technologies are set up and aligned to effectively support Teradata’s channel coverage models around the world.
- Represent Teradata professionally in external interactions with our Cloud Service Provider Partners, Independent Software Vendors (ISV), Consulting and Systems Integrators (CSI), Technology Partners, Resellers, and Distributors as you engage with their end-users to design and deliver effortless, efficient, and effective digital experiences.
- Work closely with Sales, Partner, and Technology Enablement teams to identify training needs for leadership, account team members, and partner users on technology, tools, business practices and processes.
- Actively participate in roadmap identification and prioritization with Business and IT and be champion for the partner business. Manage all phases of the program / project delivery cycle and consult / bring recommendations for partner programs / projects.
- Determine the business impact of current and future partner relevant technologies for the GTM Organization
- 3-5 years Partner Account Management, Partner Operations, Partner Support, Sales Operations, or Sales Support role experience
- Direct experience in managing and driving value from CRM and PRM platforms (Salesforce.com) and sales tools and leading / partnering cross-functionally to deliver complex programs and projects.
- Experience with indirect sales and resellers/distribution partner processes in a SaaS/Cloud enterprise company or software vendor, and knowledge of how these processes integrate into existing systems/tools.
- Experience with Salesforce Partner Relationship Management (PRM), Salesforce Communities / Salesforce Experience Cloud, partner platforms and a good understanding of the different channel partner types, especially the Cloud Service Provider (CSP) partners (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) and their marketplaces is a big plus.
- Must possess business acumen, indirect sales policy, field facing acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong presentation skills utilizing web conferencing applications such as Microsoft teams, WebEx, Zoom, or GoToMeeting.
- Solution Business Consulting skills, including analysis/evaluation of business and/or system processes and functional recommendation highly desired.
- Experience working and communicating with senior executives to solve complex business problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- Salesforce, CRM, or PRM Certifications a plus but not required
- Project/Program Management, or Agile / Product Owner Certification a plus, but not required
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Owner - Partner Tools and Technologies (Salesforce.com)
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US