Services Operational Excellence - Strategic Portfolio Manager
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214619
The Services Operational Excellence team is responsible for the deployment of standardized processes and technologies across Customer Support and Services (CS&S) as a part of our larger Global Customer Services (GCS) organization. The Strategic Portfolio Manager will lead the planning and prioritization process and partner closely with all GCS teams to own and oversee our global portfolio.
The Strategic Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing the selection, prioritization and alignment of all new ideas, initiatives, programs, and projects for CS&S. In this role, you will establish and maintain governance processes for our strategic portfolio within the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Module in ServiceNow. You will be responsible to build demand planning capabilities, standardize and facilitate regular demand review meetings and ensure collective alignment across all partners. You will work cross functionally with operations and business teams such as Cloud Operations, the Global Support Organization, Product Management, the GCS regions, and Information Technology to understand their business needs; and work with the leadership team to understand and translate overall priority. A successful candidate will be resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and analytical.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Services Measurement – Define requirements to measure the success through key performance measurements and reporting of each idea, demand, initiative, project, and program to enable a data-driven approach to continuous improvement.
- Define and manage the demand portfolio lifecycle from intake to closure
- Manage multiple intake sources to meet aggressive deadlines with multiple stakeholders using in-depth understanding of standard measurements for collective assessment and prioritization
- Develop reporting, dashboards, and presentations for senior management to reflect strategic portfolio health, progress, status, and identify any assistance needed from them
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to advance demand management, planning activities and process capabilities
- Manage day-to-day progress of the demand process, ensuring continued alignment to corporate strategy, customer journey, product development, and product enhancements
- Manage, monitor and evaluate all demand activities.
- Ensures valid demand estimates are prepared ahead of evaluation.
- Interact with key stakeholders to define the metrics, measurements and tools to quantify business goals.
- Champion on behalf of Teradata and our Customers and help uncover issues currently impacting Customer Experience.
- Experience in managing a large portfolio of demands in a fast-paced environment
- Process documentation and requirements gathering experience
- Demonstrated ability to improve a process based on requirements including customer feedback, data, processes and tools/systems in order to simplify and improve inefficient or complex processes
- Proven ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work with Senior Management
- Experience working with a broad internal supply chain including engineering, marketing, operations, IT, etc.
- Experience working with resources across a global delivery model
- Strong client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills
- Strategic problem solver and planner
- Demonstrated change management experience and ability to lead through change and rapid growth
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Certified PMP or similar qualifications
- Practical knowledge of analytics and data warehousing
- Practical knowledge of Cloud Service Providers
- Experience working with, or in, a support/service organization
- Services Product Management experience
- Lean / Six Sigma Certification
- Proven ability to self-manage work and move forward in the face of ambiguity
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CS&S Delivery Organizations: Global Support, Service Experience, Cloud Operations, Managed Services, regional delivery
- Product Management and Services Product Management
- Go to Market (Sales)
- Information Technology
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Services Operational Excellence - Strategic Portfolio Manager
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US