Data Modeler - HealthCare
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 214605
Role:- Data Modeler (HealthCare)
Job Location: Mumbai/ Pune
Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or other related fields
Skills and Attributes
- 5 - 10 years of overall experience
- 3 -4 Year Healthcare data modelling experience.
- 2 - 3 years of Database Design experience in Teradata
- 2 – 3 years of experience with Performance Tuning in Teradata
- 1 – 2 years of Semantic Layer design experience
- 1 – 2 years of experience with Data Modeling tool ERWIN
- Provide thought leadership on best practices while designing the foundation and semantic layer
- Good Understanding of key Processes in Healthcare industry.
- Experience in Healthcare provider data, healthcare claims, membership, enrollment, clinical data, and patient data etc.
- Experience in working with Teradata Healthcare Data model (HCDM) or Sound business knowledge of any healthcare industry data model for data warehouse
- Good communication skills (both written as well as oral). Communicates equally well with business people and technical team members.
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Understands and can work with business concepts. Absorbs new concepts quickly
- Drives for clarity and pays attention to detail. Always thorough.
- Focus on immediate project scope without losing sight of the big picture
- Knowledge of data modeling philosophies and techniques, including Inmon and Kimball.
It would also be nice if the candidate has experience working with Agile Methodology.
- Analyze business requirements to determine the data elements needed in the Semantic Layer and Core Layer data models to support the solution
- Prepare Conceptual Data Models for the Semantic and Core Layers for inclusion in the Solution Architecture, showing the information scope of the project
- Interact with Business SMEs to understand required data elements, the business rules governing them and confirm definitions
- Create, manage and modify conceptual, logical and physical data models for the Core and Semantic Layers. Present data models to business and technical audiences for review and validation
- Create the PDM for the Landing, Staging and Source Image areas of the Acquisition Layer and Conduct the PDM review;
- Implement Data Profiling
- Develop/maintain all target-from-source mappings – Business Requirements to Access Layer data model(s); Access Layer data model(s) to Core Layer data model, Core Layer data model to Acquisition Layer ;
- Translate detailed physical design into Data Definition Language (‘DDL”);
- Implement and test DDL with sample data provided;
- Analyze the data and recommend compression by table and column;
- Provide performance tuning recommendations for the Foundation layer;
- Apply views, indexes and tables as required to meet the defined performance service levels (“SLAs”) for application access of the data warehouse;
- Object migration from development environment to test environment;
- Stakeholder’s interaction includes Enterprise Architects, Development Team, Business Intelligence team, Business SMEs, technology vendors etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler - HealthCare
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN