Security Operations Analyst (II)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Dallas, Texas, United States
Job Title: Security Operations Analyst (II)
Job Location: United States, Remote
We are looking for an analyst to join our security operations team. The analyst will support the effective and efficient operations of the Security Operations Center, including next-gen artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) cyber security technologies, threat report generation, incident monitoring/response, and vulnerability management. This role will help to implement and support security best practices, policies, standards, and guidance to ensure the safeguard of company data, infrastructure, and resources from internal and external threats. The ideal candidate has a security engineering background and has an understanding for security operations.
- Drives cybersecurity activities across the enterprise and assist with security policies.
- Complete security monitoring operations and manage vulnerability and threat assessments, network access control, incident response and maintenance.
- Effectively manage, monitor, and communicate enterprise security risk by maintaining visibility across the agency enterprise.
- Assemble and review security assessment and authorization documentation.
- Support briefings, meetings and communicate recommendations and contract status.
- Manage the scope, schedule, and resource allocation for projects and sustaining activities
- Support development of policies, strategies, and communications relative to cybersecurity
- Analyzes and identifies trends in security log data from many heterogeneous security devices. Provides Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provides threat and vulnerability analysis and offers security advisory services.
- Analyzes and responds to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Investigates, documents, and reports on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Manage cyber situational awareness of the cyber threat landscape and maintain threat monitoring services.
- Applies knowledge of tactical to strategic level intelligence analysis of cyber threats, vectors, and actors in support of cyber defense and computer network operations.
- Gather and report on security metrics that demonstrate the relative cost/benefit of the security operations and other cybersecurity initiatives.
- Reduce cost and optimize enterprise cybersecurity posture through efficiencies, reciprocity, security shared services, and automation.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external key stakeholders
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Understanding of security methodologies.
- Understanding of ticket-driven workflows.
- Intermediate scripting knowledge in PowerShell or similar languages.
- Meet security audit mandates, standards, and requirements.
- Experience in resolving issues and scheduling conflicts and solving complex problems
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills include oral, written, and formal presentations
- Ability to design and implement technical solutions for business problems while balancing functionality, sustainability, time to delivery and costs.
- Ability to develop and maintain current and future state technology architectures.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with computer vulnerabilities, hacker methodologies and other threats.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to deal with complex challenges involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology, or related field preferred and a minimum of two (2) years’ progressive information security experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a Security Operation Center preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Security+, or other related certifications preferred.
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title:
Security Operations Analyst (II)
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Los Angeles, California US