Staff Software Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 214572
Staff Software Engineer
Location: Flexible, Mexico City
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Teradata is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to lead a new full-stack software development project to provide a unified user interface to operationalize data movement and management. This candidate will be responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle from inception to customer support and responsibilities will include designing, implementing, testing, and documenting features, enhancements, and defects. Responsibilities also include providing technical direction and leadership to the rest of the development team.
Candidate should have the skills to lead a team of 4-6, research and establish technical direction for feature development, and perform related analysis.
- Software feature design, development, unit testing and support of released products.
- Experience leading a development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 8 or more years of industry design and programming
- Go, Java, or C/C++ programming experience in a commercial software development project.
- Angular 2+ recent experience programming in a commercial software development project.
- Programming experience developing multi-threaded applications in a parallel processing environment.
- Strong Knowledge on RESTful API development/testing.
- System design, excellent problem solving, and strong debugging skills.
- Personal resource management skills to successfully work on multiple assignments
- Experience on an Agile development team
- Excellent communication and teaming skills to actively participate in all SCRUM meetings
- Experience using IntelliJ, Eclipse, or comparable IDE for software development, and experience with a variety of development tools (Git/GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, junit, Jenkins, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems along with shell scripting (e.g., ksh, bash, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL
Good to have:
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Knowledge about cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Exposure to CICD development pipelines
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis.
What we offer you:
- Highly Competitive Mayor and Minor Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Teradata’s Pension Plan with 50% matching.
- Monthly Food and Restaurant Vouchers.
- Performance bonus aligned with your annual salary.
- Vacation days, Christmas bonus, and vacation bonus above the law standard.
In addition, our teams are encouraged to look for innovation, spending at least 1 week each quarter on development, learning new skills, and innovative technology/solutions.
Link to apply:
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX