Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 214564
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
This is your chance to be a part of the Teradata Vantage on VMware Engineering team acting as a key influence and enabler into our Teradata on VMware product strategies and offerings. The Teradata Vantage on VMware Engineering team focuses on private cloud Teradata VMware implementations.
The ideal candidate is a high energy software test engineer with prior software test experience. Ability to run tests and interpret results with problem root cause analysis (RCA) skills. Success working with an integrated test team. Experience with Teradata Vantage / Advanced SQL Engine and other Teradata technologies would be a plus. Look for solid communication skills.
- Drive towards strong proficiency of the test cases and understanding results
- Solve test problems or inconsistencies requiring root cause analysis
- Follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Maintain and enhance automation scripts
- Tool suite familiarity (Jira, Wiki, Slack, and Microsoft Teams)
- Establish good working relationships with the team
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 1-4 years’ experience in a professional software/test engineering position
- Strong knowledge of testing process and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly and to leverage that knowledge for results analysis and reporting
- Some level of SQL / Teradata Advanced SQL Engine knowledge
- Familiarity with VMware technologies
- Good knowledge of Linux or Unix operating systems
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX