Senior Systems Engineer O365
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214561
You are a leader, and you exhibit that in your work every day. You pride yourself on delivering easy-to-use technology solutions that improve productivity. While managing multiple projects, you have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvements.
Teradata in San Diego wants an experienced infrastructure engineer to design, build and support reliable computing, communication, and collaboration solutions for end-users of Microsoft® Office 365®. You will act as an area expert on special projects, assisting with the adoption of new technology and creating and refining best-practices across our business.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) responsible for the overall design, architecture, and implementation of both large and small scale O365 services, that is consistent with Microsoft standards, best practices, and Teradata’s strategy.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft’s Security Center, Microsoft’s Compliance Center, and Microsoft Cloud App Security related to data loss prevention, sensitive information types, records management, data governance, information protection, threat management, ATP, encryption, retention, and auditing.
- Expanded knowledge with Office 365 services including but not limited to Exchange Online (Transport rules, Anti-phishing, Anti-spam, Anti-malware, Safe Attachment & Links, DKIM); Endpoint Security (Intune, MFA, Conditional Access, Security Baselines)
- Experience with working collaboratively with engineering teams in the security, compliance, and legal workstreams to drive architectural changes that improve the stability and security of Teradata.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical details, both verbally and written, to varying levels of audiences.
- Quick learner, self-motivator, highly determined, and skilled at evaluating options, troubleshooting, and generating solutions.
- Keen on automation and process improvements. Proficient in creating and maintaining PowerShell scripts.
- Own, manage, and complete projects from beginning to end in a timely manner while collaborating with both technical and non-technical peers and business stakeholders.
- Gain strong understanding of business strategies and outlook to focus innovation efforts and identify new technologies that provide business value.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships to quickly extend resource capacity, skills, and solution capabilities as business needs grow.
- Develop roadmaps for technology innovation, rationalization, and renovation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems
- 10+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer
- 5+ years of experience in end-user support and support delivery
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft’s Security, Compliance, and Endpoint suite
- Proven track record for delivering hardware and software solutions to enterprises with 10K+ employees
Windows 10, Macs, mobile devices, Windows Server, Firewall, DNS, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Identity, Exchange, Intune.
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our sunny San Diego campus, one of the most desirable places in the world. Teradata offers first-rate compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Systems Engineer O365
Job Category: IT
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US