Senior Financial Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 214490
The Senior Financial Planning Analyst for Corporate FP&A organization is responsible for directly supporting the Senior Manager of Corporate FP&A to provide monthly and quarterly financial analysis, monthly and quarterly outlook, annual and long-range plan development, management reporting, business case / ROI analysis, and other general financial planning activities for Corporate Functions.
Collect and analyze financial data for use in business review, planning, reporting and monthly outlook processes. Prepare and analyze financial outlooks and operating results
Develop Monthly Outlook
- Work closely with operating management to develop forecast
- Review forecast against results for validation of achievability
- Review risk in forecast and determine how to reduce risk
- Develop contingency plans as needed
- Strong business partnership with varying levels of management
- Provide Senior management with timely, relevant and actionable financial and operational reporting and forecasting
- Accurately apply accounting policies as required
Process & System Improvements
- Review strengths and weaknesses of planning processes and tools
- Prioritize improvements based on planning cycle
- Improve the planning process through automation or eliminating non-value add activities
- Coordinate across all functional areas to understand requirements from financial perspective
- Develop annual budget and capital plan
- Develop headcount plan aligned with expense plan
- Determine calendarization and allocation methodologies
- Perform gap analysis and consolidation
- Fulfill all financial reporting requirements related to plan submission
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related Business discipline.
- 5 years of relevant experience in Finance or Finance-related specialties, cross functional projects.
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education or work experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of broad Information Technology systems and processes including Cloud
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Enterprise
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and due dates
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with leaders from other functional areas
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US