Data Migration Consultant (DTU/NPARC) & BAR Consultant
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214453
*This position requires regular weekend work and work outside typical 8 AM to 5 PM hours
*The ability to problem solve is a critical attribute for this role
Data Migration Work
Data migrations are performed primarily using Teradata’s new Data Transfer Utility (DTU) product.
Some migrations use the legacy NPARC (Named Pipe Archive) tool. Migrations are mostly from on-premises TD systems to TD systems running in the Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP).
The ability to problem solve is a critical attribute for the DTU/NPARC Consultant.
The DTU/NPARC Consultant’s responsibilities may vary depending on the customer. The consultant may be required to tailor the migration approach due to specific customer requirements.
- Migrating Teradata system data from a Source TD System to a Target TD System for the express purpose of moving customer operations from one to another platform
- Ensuring the migration is executed in the least time possible with minimal customer effort
- Working with Cloud Ops and GCC to complete DTU/NPARC preparations
- Educating customers on the DTU/NPARC Data Migration Service
- Providing outage estimates on the duration of the DTU/NPARC Data Migration Service
- System configuration to maximize migration throughput
- Network configuration to minimize the DTU/NPARC Data Migration Service duration
- Capturing & repurposing lessons learned for team collateral
Responsible for the overall success of the Backup and Restore (BAR) engagement by working with the Customer, CS Project Management, Sales Teams, Field Delivery Teams, Global Sales Support BAR Presales, Teradata BAR Engineering, Global Support Center, and other Teradata associates as relates to the delivery of services for BAR.
- The implementation, expansion, and upgrade of Teradata BAR solutions for Teradata customers
- Training and mentoring customer staff on the operation of the BAR Solution at assigned accounts
- Creating connectivity diagrams of the BAR solution and documenting the outcome of the engagement in a final report delivered to the customer
- Updating internal information repositories using Service Now and Team Shares with engagement artifacts
- Ensuring the Teradata BAR implementation supports the customer’s goals and objectives
- Following standard Teradata CS Change Request practices
The candidate must possess a strong database background (Teradata preferred) and robust operating system skills (UNIX/Windows/Linux). Specific training on BAR, DTU/NPARC tools and methodology will be provided.
- 5+ years experience with Teradata and database
- Linux Operating System
- Server networking setup
- Good written and spoken English
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement
- Excited about a new challenge in the fast-moving data and cloud industry
- Bonus: Python, Perl, and Linux Shell Scripting
Groups You’ll Work With
- Teradata Customers
- Project Manager and Account Managers (SEM)
- Sales Teams
- Global Support (GSO)
- TD associates outside of the local site team
- Cloud Support Operations and DTU & BAR Product Management/Engineering
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Data Migration Consultant (DTU/NPARC) & BAR Consultant
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US