Sr. Manager, Security Compliance
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Requisition Number: 214408
Sr. Manager, Security Compliance
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud consulting organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our corporate security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Sr. Manager, Security Compliance will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security controls implemented at Teradata to lead both the Compliance oversight and Audit Readiness teams. This is a global role with responsibility for responding to information security needs across the entire Teradata corporation.
Key objectives are:
- Execute due diligence and ongoing monitoring of internal controls
- Perform oversight to verify compliance with regulatory requirements and contractual agreements
- Implement clear, consistent information and reporting to identify, measure, monitor and manage firm-wide risks
- Facilitate internal and external audits
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of building and nurturing amazing teams. This is a second line of defense role that act as the glue between our control owners / performers and our internal and external auditors. They would have experience in one or more of the following areas: information security, technology audit, or IT operations.
This position will be working closely with the business units, to consult on compliance requirements, support security awareness, and enforce policies. Strong interpersonal skills are required to meet with senior leaders and explain the risks and alternatives to meet risk goals. Establishing and manage organizational operating and executive level metrics and assist in creating the monthly materials for leadership review.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security:
Audit Readiness and Technology Risk Management
- Supporting continuous improvement to the Audit Readiness program as it evolves to meet changing organizational and regulatory needs
- Work directly with customers to ensure we are meeting our compliance obligations through audits and / or questionnaires.
- Counsel and guide business partners in identifying risks and potential risk mitigation alternatives commensurate with the risk identified and consistent with risk appetite
- Work directly with technology, and business partners to assess security and privacy controls to ensure data is adequately safeguarded
- Provide training and oversight to compliance analysts performing compliance operations
- Preparation of detailed and summary reports of assessments, remediation plans, including customized reports, as needed
- Advising on the information security and compliance risks and to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Develop and manage policy deviation process and approvals
- Work with teams across Teradata security practices to develop operational, executive and board level metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, information security and risk management certifications desirable
- 7 – 10 years’ experience with internal security and compliance
- Enforcing internal security policies
- Experience in IT audit, information security, and compliance
- Comprehensive knowledge of various risk and security frameworks
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with SOX, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR and global data protection and privacy laws
- A general understanding of cloud security challenges and controls
- A good understanding of technologies and controls including hosts, databases, networking, and applications
- Experience presenting and communicating to Executive Management
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Security Compliance
Job Category: Security
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Phoenix, Arizona US