Principal Pre-Sales Data Scientist - Healthcare
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Requisition Number: 214384
Senior Pre-Sales Data Scientist - Healthcare
The Senior Data Scientist is an experienced and expert Data Scientist, able to provide industry thought leadership on Analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and its application across a variety of industries. The Senior Data Scientist supports account teams in framing business problems, identifying and developing analytic solutions that leverage Teradata technology and the partner eco-system that are disruptive, innovative – and above all, practical. As a part of the Sales Technology organization, the Senior Data Scientist is a hands-on practitioner who is technically grounded, data led, and always ready and able to roll-up his or her sleeves to develop analytic solutions and Proofs-of-Concepts (POCs) that solve or demonstrates the customer’s business objectives. He or she is a trusted advisor to executives, fellow Data Scientists, and colleagues; able to educate, train and articulate Teradata’s leading advanced analytic capabilities. The Senior Data Scientist has an excellent theoretical and practical understanding of statistics and machine learning and has a strong track record of applying this understanding at scale to drive business benefit. He or she is insanely curious and is a natural problem-solver.
- Provide pre-sales support at an executive level to the Teradata account teams, helping them to position and sell complex Analytic solutions that drive sales of Teradata software.
- Develop and help demonstrate the viability and applicability of analytic capacities, functionality and superiority of Teradata’s multi-cloud analytic platform and services
- Support the delivery of Proof-of-Concept projects that demonstrate the analytic business use-cases and predetermined success criteria
- Support account teams in closing new business by assisting them in developing, positioning, and closing proposals and actively participate in the design, development and roll-out of these analytic solutions
- Work with the extended Account teams, especially the Industry Consultants and Customer Success Managers, to develop new Analytic propositions that are aligned with industry trends, new analytic technologies, and customer requirements.
- Create and deliver analytic capabilities training and education to customers and internal colleagues
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of Teradata’s Analytic solutions, platform and services and provide timely and relevant feedback to the Teradata product management teams
- Create, maintain, and share IP and assets that contribute to Teradata’s continued success and eminence
Data Scientist job and qualifications profile
- Be an expert Data Scientists with a strong theoretical grounding in statistics, advanced analytics, and machine learning with real-world experience in the application of advanced analytics;
- Provide pre-sales support at an executive level to the Teradata account teams, helping them to position and sell complex Analytic solutions that drive sales of Teradata software;
- Create statistical and machine learning models and analytic solutions in multiple technologies to support client objectives
- Provide industry thought-leadership on Analytics and its application across industries and geographies, by, for example, delivering high-impact presentations at external and internal events;
- Be numerate, creative problem-solver who can balance multiple competing requirements;
- Have strong hands-on programming skills in SQL and at least one major analytic programming language, such as R or Python;
- Have excellent interpersonal, consulting and communication skills with proven ability to persuade and influence;
- Be passionate about knowledge sharing and demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development.
- Be credible in delivering technical and sales presentations to internal and external audiences
- Believe in Teradata's Analytic solutions and services and be committed to working with the product, engineering, and consulting teams to ensure that they continue to lead the market.
Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field.
- 3+ years relevant experience in predictive modeling, data mining, and the data science process.
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics techniques
- 3+ years of experience in SQL and either R or Python
- Building statistical models with tools such as R, Python, Spark, MATLAB, SAS, etc.
- Exploring, manipulating, and visualizing structured and unstructured data to find new patterns and signals
- Familiar with highly dimensional data, feature reduction, and feature extraction methods
- Strong communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with one or more of these areas or similar technologies: Natural Language Processing,
Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Speech Recognition and Statistical Optimization methods.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required.
- Have a background in analytic consulting and relevant technology pre-sales experience.
- Be expert with Teradata solutions and services.
- Have a degree level qualification in Statistics, Data Science, the physical or biological sciences or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Weka, SAS, Matlab or other statistical/machine learning language
- 5+ years of experience with software development, continuous development/integration, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or Oracle Cloud services (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with the design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using R-Shiny, Ipython Notebooks, Zeppelin, or other approved open-source visualization technology.
- Experience with the design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using Qlik Sense and Tableau on top of the Dashboard Engine or leveraging another Big Data API such as Spark Livy or another approved APIs
- Experience with NoSQL, parallel or distributed programming (e.g., Hadoop/Spark)
- Experience with Graphical Processing Units (GPUs) and CUDA programming
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Pre-Sales Data Scientist - Healthcare
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US