Cloud Ops & Platform Engineering Lead
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 214378
Cloud Ops & Platform Engineering Lead
- The Dev Ops Lead is responsible for managing Teradata’s as-a-Service offerings on cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Private Cloud Services)
- The key responsibility would be Process Improvement, Operational Automations and efficiency initiatives
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network, security, installation, provisioning, optimizing the environment, deployment, process building and third party software support.
- Collaborating with all stakeholders and Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers
- Manage and support 24x7 VaaS environments for multiple customers
- Providing solutions as per the requirement given in the areas of Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Private Cloud Services etc.)
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices
- Implementing development, production environment for data warehousing cloud environment
- Backup, Archive and Recovery planning and execution of the cloud based data warehouses
- Hands-On in widely used DevOps tools.
- Also operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Responsible for the design and implementation Client project deliverables based on the requirements.
- Responsible for the documentation of project deliverables.
- Utilizes different platform including Cloud services for enhancement of Cloud/DevOps architectures
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key cloud platform resources
- Proactively monitor ticket queue and assignment of tasks to shift members
- Ensuring SLA are met during that shift- Acknowledgement & Update SLAs
- Incident/task prioritization during the shift
- Ensure all scheduled changes are implemented within the prescribed window
- First level of escalation for team members
- First level of help/support for team members
- Proactively highlight any incidents about to miss the SLA. Constantly monitor SLA Dashboard
- Ensure even distribution of workload within shift members
- Handling S1 during shift
- Engineering Graduate or 3-year Diploma
Mandatory Skills / Attributes
- Minimum 8-10 years of IT experience.
- Minimum 4-6 years of Cloud hands-on, cloud operations and infrastructure automation experience.
- Experience over multiple of the supported public cloud platforms
- Vast experience in design, implementation in a professional environment.
- Hands-on experience in Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Private Cloud Services etc.)
- Hands-On with at least most of the widely used DevOps tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Git, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience in On-premise Data Center, Cloud environments
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Strong Understanding of Database and Linux concepts
- At least few years’ experience with server level scripting and/or development languages (Python, Perl, shell scripting. etc.)
- Knowledge in cloud Network design and implementation.
- Cloud Certification.
- Should have basic leadership qualities.
- ITIL or other relevant certifications are desirable
- Service Now / ITSM tool day to day Operations
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
- Teradata/DBMS Experience Hands on experience with Teradata administration and strong understanding of Cloud capabilities and limitations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Build solid front-end architectures that integrate easily with other systems and technologies.
- Implement and support new and existing customers on VaaS infrastructure.
- Managed responsibilities as a Shift lead
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Teradata Basic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Good team player.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Ops & Platform Engineering Lead
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN