Senior Consultant, Data Engineering
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Requisition Number: 214371
This Senior Consultant position supports the New Zealand and Australian Consulting Delivery teams in demand creation and delivery of Teradata high-value, strategic consulting services. The Snr Consultant contributes to continuous improvement of services delivery methodology, standards, and tools by leveraging best practices knowledge and experience, and provides thought leadership and mentoring to the Solution Teams and Consulting Delivery consultants.
This person works closely with Sales and Consulting Delivery Management in creating and delivering on revenue opportunities for new accounts and user base expansion across Australia and New Zealand. The intent is to use specific high-value services to drive customer demand not only for Professional Services but also for Teradata data warehousing solutions (hardware, software, and applications). The Senior Consultant is responsible for developing, facilitating and delivering these high value services while providing best practices knowledge transfer to other Consulting Delivery resources within the organization.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for qualifying new engagement opportunities and the successful delivery of services in the Consulting Services Portfolio.
This individual will provide thought leadership in the development of new programs/services to maximize new revenue growth opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ability to develop, communicate and execute industry strategies and initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to create and deliver proposals, presentations, etc
- Ability to understand customer needs and recommend the right solutions at the right time
- Be a trusted advisor to the client’s decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in data warehouse technology and Teradata’s solution offerings
- Ability to work with “C” level executives
- Ability to support Sales Teams in positioning and selling High Value Services to prospect and existing customers
- Ability to lead, mentor and manage Consulting Delivery consultants on Delivery and Services engagements
- Capable of leading discovery consulting sessions with executive business leaders, business analysts, end-users, and IT personnel
- Experience and knowledge of Teradata technologies and solutions; architecture, utilities, tools and applications
- Knowledge of the data warehouse implementation process, from business requirements through logical modeling, physical database design, data sourcing and data transformation, data loading, SQL, end-user tools, and database implementation
- Identifies and Utilizes Design Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and
- Broad understanding of governance best practices for data warehousing and business intelligence
- Contributes to the development of new techniques, methodologies or plans within area of expertise
- Recommend practice improvements based on lessons learned
- Participate in knowledge transfer activities
- Mentor and teach others
- Participate and contributes towards development of other Technical Consultants
- Leads by example
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Motivated, Innovative and Resourceful
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment
- Ability to influence and coach others
- High level of personal integrity
- Proven high level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- Optimizes use of available resources
- Team focus - works within a professional services team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
- Results orientation – focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure. Meeting deadlines and produce high quality work.
- Relationship building – relates to people in an open, friendly and accepting manner. Shows sincere interest in others and their concerns. Initiates and develops relationships with others.
- Travel – Primary work location is Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne based but is expected to travel to support professional service engagements across Australia and New Zealand. Opportunities also exist for assignments across the Asia Pacific area depending on level of interest.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Business, IT or related degree or equivalent
- Years Experience 12+ years of progressive experience in/around data warehousing, business intelligence, and advanced analytical environments
- Experience writing, negotiating Statements of Work
- Experience applying structured methodologies in the creation/delivery of work product
- A minimum 7 years in Data Warehouse projects using Teradata technology.
- Experiences in DBA, Team Lead, and Data Modelling
- Prefer experience with some of the current Teradata High Value services as specified in the Consulting Services Portfolio
- Experience in developing data warehouse best practices, standards, and methodologies
- Experiences in Identifying and Designing Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies, and develops emerging patterns
- Preferred Professional Certification e.g., Cloud certification
- Strong presentation skills
- Ideal background would include Communications and/or Finance Industry knowledge
- Solid understanding of the use of Information Technology within the industry
- Expertise in developing and delivering working documents that communicate and corroborate complex ideas
- Consulting soft skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing
- Expertise in Cloud computing–
- Demonstrate an understanding of cloud computing and cloud native tools from at least one of the following CSPs (Google Cloud, Azure or AWS).
- Experience in designing and transferring applications to the cloud is a plus.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consultant, Data Engineering
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU