Director, GTM Planning
Multiple Locations: San Diego, California, United States • Munich, Bavaria, Germany • London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 214358
Locations: US San Diego / Remote, or major EMEA Teradata office locations (UK, France, Germany)
Job Title: Director, GTM Planning
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics. We are cloud-first, drive business outcomes for customers, and will not do everything ourselves. Our data platform is extensible, providing fundamental capabilities to enable our customers to build and/or buy solutions with Teradata’s modern partner ecosystem. And our cloud business is growing triple digits on a path to exceed $1B by 2025!
We have over 40 years of extremely deep industry experience, serving the largest enterprises, and managing massive amounts of the most complex and mission critical data. 40 years of experience does NOT mean we are a legacy tech provider. It’s quite the opposite. Our extensive experience and technology give us very deep knowledge into core industries and an understanding of what IT & LOB leaders care about, including a command over use cases that impact their business. And this ability to deliver real business outcomes embeds our GTM teams deeply w/in customers, as we speak their language, we speak their KPIs and we speak their objectives.
Teradata is seeking a passionate and experienced sales planning leader to serve as our GTM Planning Director. In this role you will own the GTM planning process both with the annual approach and helping to deploy a more agile and responsive process moving forward. This includes the program management of the Annual Planning process in conjunction with cross-functional teams including GTM Strategy, Operations, FP&A, People, Regional Leadership and GTM Business Partners. As a leader working with these teams, you will be responsible for driving the delivery of best in class planning and coverage through our models, systems, and day to day operations. The role is critical to supporting Teradata’s GTM Regional and World-Wide team to effectively deploy and scale with the business.
You will be an owner of critical components of the GTM “Plan to Pay” process with a responsibility for planning for the Go-To-Market organization with a common consistent global approach. You will coordinate and align critical functions around streamlined, consistent and efficient processes such as coverage, territory design, resource deployment and quota setting. Serving as the point of contact for the GTM organization working in coordination with GTM leadership along with business partners from operations, finance, talent, people and customer organizations. You'll have tight control on the planning process and provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, changes, governance, and solutions to GTM goals.
This role reports to the VP, WW GTM Strategy, Planning & Incentives.
- Ownership for GTM of the global planning process working in partnership with GTM leadership and finance stakeholders on the end-to-end program management and key workstreams (Coverage, Territory/Quota/Compensation, Talent/Hiring, Change Management/Communications, IT Systems/Implementation)
- Break down silos to ensure a collaborative, holistic, consistent globally executed GTM planning process including regions, operations and cross functional teams.
- Instilling a level of discipline and rigor into our planning process to ensure we are continually thinking ahead and aligning teams around company-wide and GTM growth and transformation initiatives
- Partner with GTM Leadership and Strategy on organizational design and use of GTM models on productivity, propensity and segmentation to support future change plans
- Implement the GTM RGO framework and continually improve consistent standards in tools, process, cadence, and documentation
- Create and drive GTM Planning cadence year-round for continuous program management of the process while contributing to the company-wide annual planning process in partnership with the Business Partner teams globally to align to a common calendar
- Support future changes, including GTM integration and definitions of how new teams will fold into our existing planning and territory models
- You will Identify, scope, and lead critical projects for incentives by partnering with senior leaders and cross- functional teams across the organizations
Ideal Candidate Profile
- 15+ years of industry expertise with 8+ years of experience supporting sales operations and planning, preferably at a high growth, enterprise software or SaaS focused business
- Strong experience in global territory planning and management for prior SaaS companies
- Highly collaborative with experience in working with partnership with regional and finance teams on a common process.
- High level of professionalism – ability to closely interact with, build strong working relationships and present recommendations and decisions to senior leaders and business partners
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively, making use of data, while understanding risk and trade-offs of business decisions
- Time management & prioritization – ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously with a very strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with selection and implementation of sales planning platforms such as Anaplan or Xactly
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, GTM Planning
Job Category: Strategy
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US