Director, GTM Incentives
Multiple Locations: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States • Munich, Bavaria, Germany • London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 214357
Locations: US San Diego / Remote, or major EMEA Teradata office locations (UK, France, Germany)
Job Title: Director, GTM Incentives
Teradata is seeking a passionate and experienced Sales Compensation leader to serve as our GTM Incentives Director. In this role you will own the GTM compensation strategy, plan design, modelling of compensation programs, governance of execution and exceptions. You will also be responsible for the management and continuing evolution of Teradata's "Winner's Circle" program. This is a critical role helping motivate the GTM teams and enable Teradata's sales incentives to effectively grow and scale with the business.
As someone who knows the workings of the sales compensation and incentives inside and out, you'll lead our GTM compensation design and governance working closely with leadership and stakeholders from Finance, Operations, Compensation Administration and People teams, as well as supporting individual projects. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, changes, governance, and solutions to incentives. You will work with teams across Sales, Operations, Accounting, and Finance to drive strategic decisions on sales compensation.
This role reports to the VP, WW GTM Strategy, Planning & Incentives.
- GTM Operations leader for all aspects of GTM compensation design, governance, and deployment, playing a critical role in the GTM “Plan to Pay” process
- Lead the creation and evolution of the Sales Incentive Plans partnering with Finance, People and Compensation stakeholders
- Manage and evolve the “Winner’s Circle” GTM recognition program in collaboration with GTM Leadership
- Effectively engage with executives and senior leaders when designing and implementing programs
- Implement and improve worldwide consistent incentive standards in tools, process, cadence, and documentation
- Jointly own with finance and operations stakeholders the sales compensation escalation & governance process with regional and worldwide GTM teams
- Identify, scope, and lead critical projects for incentives by partnering with senior leaders and cross- functional teams across the organizations
- Directly support regional GTM leadership on local sales compensation strategy and challenges
Ideal Candidate Profile
- 15+ years of industry expertise with 8+ years of experience supporting sales compensation strategy and/or administration in an operations, finance, or people role preferably at a high growth, enterprise software, SaaS, or fintech focused business
- Experience with compensation design with organizations moving to SaaS sales and/or undergoing periods of transformation
- High level of professionalism – ability to closely interact with, build strong working relationships and present recommendations to senior leaders and business partners
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively, making use of data, while understanding risk and trade-offs of business decisions
- Excellent communication skills – able to craft a story, communicate effectively, and leverage PowerPoint to create compelling and visually appealing content
- Time management & prioritization – ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously with a very strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, collaborative, fast-paced environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Fort Lauderdale
Community / Marketing Title: Director, GTM Incentives
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fort Lauderdale, Florida US