Chief Architect, Product Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 214344
Chief Architect, Engineering
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata works with the largest companies in the world, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely open, scalable, and secure offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform, unlocking business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Reporting to the SVP of Engineering, this position is responsible for the technical and architectural oversight and guidance of all products driven out of Engineering, as well as the standard and tools that ensure technical alignment across a 1,300 person technical organization. Success in this role requires the ability to effectively communicate our overall technical strategy - ensuring understanding and broad adoption – while also inspiring excitement and action towards our technical goals.
This position requires a focus on helping Teradata leapfrog current state – both by leading and guiding individual product areas, but also by helping to move ideas and innovations from Incubation and Concept iteratively into the main product lines and into the Transformation and Productivity zones.
Overall, the success of this role will be highlighted by increased accountability for delivery of outcomes across the broad architecture community.
- Inspire and motivate all technical Engineering teams to execute against our defined technical vision
- Directly lead, mentor, and grow a small and focused team of ~10 architecture leaders
- Define and manage a 2 year out technical product strategy, and collaborating with the CTO and TIO on a 3-5 year technical vision
- Set and communicate a clear definition of Invest, Maintain, and Deprecate technical areas
- Manage, share, and enhance standardized reference architectures, standards architecture diagrams, and more, leveraging modern tools to ease keeping them evergreen
- Lead overall architectural governance capability, progressively managing risk while measuring broad impact and benefits
- Ensure tight alignment of future technical directions with Product Management and Engineering executive leadership
- Ensure a published and easily consumable reference architecture
- Define, communicate, and maintain appropriate technical standards and policies across Engineering
- Speak at conferences, sales events, customer briefings, and more
- Minimum of 15 years of related technical and leaders experience, with a university degree
- Subject matter expert with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems on Google Cloud, AWS, Azure. and/or VMWare
- Holistic expertise in computer science fundamentals of system design, data structures, algorithm design, and more
- Broad experience across languages like C, C++, Go, Python, etc.
- Broad experience in full stack development, with specific architectural understanding of public cloud Networking, Object and Block services, Serverless, Containerization, Security and Compliance, Abstraction layers, and more
- Experience in architecting for mission critical, 24x7 services
- Experience with DevOps processes, including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, Operations, and more
- Prefer experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies, including advanced workload management
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Chief Architect, Product Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US