Lead Data Engineer
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Requisition Number: 214341
Lead Data Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer, with strong affinity and hands-on experience on Relational Database systems and a good comprehension of the public cloud providers.
An ideal candidate will possess great communication skills, is willing to learn and must be able to commute to a customer office (according to customer requirement).
- Contributing to the Data Architecture of a solution & implementation of new data models within domains.
- Providing advice on Data Management & Governance
- Providing advice on architectural studies & performance audits
- Contributing as part of the Agile team to POCs, design sessions, analysis of requirements and estimations
- Development activities using T-SQL for both ETL and building objects to support BI and Data Science teams.
- Working alongside Scrum Master and Product Owner to plan development activity.
- At least a HBO diploma in (technical or business) computer science, information science, IT or software engineering
- Good understanding of relational data models & affinity with datawarehousing projects.
- Good understanding of Teradata Vantage SQLE technical architecture (on-prem & cloud)
- Proficient in (T-) SQL, including query plan understanding and query tuning
- Experience in gathering requirements and transforming them into a technical solution.
- Experience with the creation/modification of a Data Model and/or Source-to-Target mappings.
- Experience with Teradata Vantage performance tuning & workload management concepts (TASM, ResUsage, DBQL, Statistics, …)
- University degree or higher vocational education, preferably in the field of business information science, business economics or process management.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Fundamentals on one or more public cloud providers. (AWS / Google / Azure)
- Experience with Vantage enterprise Ecosystem components (e.g. DSA, DataMover, QueryGrid, Viewpoint, …)
- Knowledge on basic TCP/IP networking, troubleshooting of connectivity problems (e.g. nmap, iperf, curl)
- General programming skills (including scripting)
- A first experience working with any of the BI tools on the market (PowerBI, Tableau, …) and a first experience in the creation of an access layer.
- Working experience with SAS-VA, SAS EG, SAS coding or similar tooling.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland NL