VP, Global Corporate Communications
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214325
Teradata seeks a Vice President of Global Corporate Communications who will help drive a strategic transformation agenda now under way. We are seeking a creative and bold leader who will build out this function and drive positive change in support of our business goals.
Reporting to the CMO, you will have a broad portfolio that includes responsibility for Internal and External communications, Media Relations, Social Media, Executive Communications, Industry Analyst Relations and Community Relations. You will be accountable for building and mentoring a global team across several domestic and global markets, with the largest presence in San Diego.
The Vice President of Global Corporate Communications will:
- First and foremost, build and protect the reputation of Teradata.
- Develop and launch an integrated global communications plan with programs and initiatives tied directly to Teradata’s business priorities and value creation.
- Elevate and coordinate thought leadership programs and content aligned with brand positioning and consumer-driven insights; drive Teradata’s global brand reputation and awareness through unique content and thought leadership.
- Partner with internal subject matter experts and content creators from Teradata’s research function to maximize impact; amplify thought leadership across executive leadership speaking forums, industry events, digital media, etc.
- Build support for the communications agenda with executive and business leadership and help them see the value of actively participating; develop a more formalized “speakers bureau” and media training across global markets.
- Lead media relations, with an emphasis on forging and protecting relationships with top-tier journalists and ensuring company news and information is delivered accurately and on a timely basis.
- Develop and lead crisis communications plans and coordination across global markets.
- Enhance existing social media capabilities and activity, continuing to evolve the communications function in keeping with digital trends by being adept at social listening, creating dialogue, analyzing outcomes, and developing solutions based on lessons learned.
- Develop a robust industry analyst platform, forging trusting relationships with key industry analysts in the interest of an open dialogue which presents a clear and accurate representation of Teradata capabilities in all dimensions.
- Act as an advisor to senior leaders on executive communications and preparation for internal and external forums.
- Enhance our broader profile of Teradata’s community impact, including the newly formed Teradata Care’s Foundation to support both US and global business.
- Proactively work to ensure Teradata’s employment brand is recognized and appropriate awards around talent, innovation, culture and business performance are obtained (and amplified).
- Work closely with the company’s Investor Relations function to ensure that financial communications, including earnings releases and call scripts, are clear and consistent across stakeholder groups.
- Support Community Relations efforts, embodying Teradata’s mission and values as a global company with a local commitment.
Qualifications and Traits
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, experienced communicator and builder who can operate with an entrepreneurial mindset and approach while scaling to support the future organizational vision. This person will be able to manage a broad portfolio of responsibilities and exhibit the capacity to take on more. Strong leadership skills to develop and inspire teams to do great work with a mission-driven approach is a must.
Other qualifications and attributes will include:
- Deep credentials in Communications as well as experience in the technology industry; specific understanding of SaaS environments will be a significant advantage
- Creates an environment of innovation, empowerment, collaboration, alignment, accountability, and trust.
- A hands-on executive who relishes being in the thick of things and wants to have “skin in the game” whose capabilities include both strategic planning and tactical execution
- Crisis management skills and experience
- A love of analytics and experience using data to track performance and scale success – constantly analyzing results, with a hunger to leverage the latest technology and methods to drive growth.
- Employing a keen eye out over the horizon for evolving issues and opportunities and continuously monitoring the overall risk landscape to manage reputational risk
- Operates with complete honesty, integrity and transparency and creates a trusting, collaborative and ethical work environment
- Maintains the highest levels of quality and accountability and serves as a positive role model throughout the organization
- Demonstrates superior communication ability, both orally and in writing; superb listening skills; and the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and credibly with a wide variety of audiences.
- Isn’t afraid to laugh and use humor to diffuse tense situations
- A world-class marketer and brand builder with 10-15 years of senior level experience and a proven track record of success in the hi-tech sector.
- Experience in SaaS companies
- Experience utilizing data, analytics and tools to support and enhance marketing strategy
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Global Corporate Communications
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US