Senior Finance Director – Product
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214322
The Global Business Finance Director supports Chief Product Officer in support of the Product budget’s forecasting, planning, financial reporting and analysis processes, with a heavy emphasis on ROI of Product Investments, including results. This individual also supports Chief Strategy Officer and manages a small team in support of these critical responsibilities. Position will report to SVP Finance.
We will consider virtual candidates in the United States for this opening. Candidates located near an office (San Diego) will work in a hybrid in-office/work-from-home model.
- Leads team to perform monthly/quarterly/annual closing processes for Capex and Opex against outlook.
- Partners with accounting to deep dive and reconcile accounting issues impacting month-end close.
- Partners with Chief Product Officer and Leadership team to review and control expenses as well as Chief Strategy Officer
- Partners with Product Management to Deliver Comprehensive Quarterly Business Review
- Leads team to Partner with Product Management and Product Engineering team to support development of Financial Models to drive profitable product development
- Works cross-functionally with business partners and various finance teams on strategic initiatives requiring NPV analyses and monthly reporting on financial status.
- Develops KPI metrics and reports to provide visibility into cost structure and drive actionable goals with business team
- Ad Hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Determines and implements process improvements and opportunities for automation of FP&A processes
- Participates in cross functional company initiatives and systems initiatives that impact the financial management of the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related Business discipline
- MBA a plus
- 10+ years of relevant corporate finance experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education or work experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of BI Tools, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Enterprise, Data Warehousing
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure, multi task and due dates
- Strong interpersonal skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Finance Director – Product
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US