Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 214281
JOB LOCATION: Flexible Mexico City, Mexico
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Join the Teradata team as a Software Engineer focused on building cutting-edge software for the SQLE database for both cloud and on-prem offerings. This position is in the SQLE Database Kernel team within the SQLE Core Engineering organization. As a Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to build new database kernel features and extend database kernel capabilities to allow our database enhanced functionality when compared to our competitors. The SQLE Kernel is a core part of the Teradata database that provides many database functionalities for processing information and extensibility.
- Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams that include product owners, developers, and front-end, back-end, and quality engineers to conceptualize, build, test and ship software solutions for the next generation of enterprise applications.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Drive technical direction and design of implementations as well as providing guidance to the overall development organization.
- Perform complex code modification, testing and debugging and be able to solve challenging scalability and integration problems.
- Interact with engineering teams and partners to support environments handling ongoing requirements and providing one-on-one coaching to teams adopting our services.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement to enhance operability throughout the software development process.
- Support customers and partners diagnosing, triaging, and fixing high priority issues.
- Bachelor’s and Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, with at least three years of related research or industry experience, or
- Masters in Computer Science or related discipline
- Coursework should include at a minimum discrete mathematics, software engineering, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, and computer architecture and organization, otherwise working knowledge/experience with subjects mentioned.
- Strong C/C++ and Python programming
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong teamwork.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiar with Unix(Linux) and Windows computing environment
- Experience with cloud-based development and systems.
- Experience with SQL and database technologies including a thorough understanding of database logical and physical design concepts
- Advanced coursework in database, operating systems, file systems, parallel architecture, high performance fault tolerant systems, data storage systems, I/O systems, or similar technologies/disciplines
- Multi user, multi-tasking server software internals development with emphasis on concurrency and locking protocols
- Relational database application or internals development with working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Unix (Linux, Solaris, HPUX, AIX,…) and Windows development tools (compiler, system calls, debuggers like gdb, visual studio,…) and environment (i.e. shell commands and scripting, editor, MS Word, Outlook, etc)
- Experienced in developing under GIT, Clearcase or similar source control products
- Effectively debug and work with low level data structures (hex dumps of data structures in memory and on storage devices)
- Familiar with Software Development Life cycle and processes
- Experience using Agile software development methods and tools
- Top-notch programming skills in C, C++, Python, SQL, Scripting
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with public cloud services such as AWS, Azure, Google.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
What we offer you:
- Highly Competitive Mayor and Minor Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Teradata’s Pension Plan with 50% matching.
- Monthly Food and Restaurant Vouchers.
- Performance bonus aligned with your annual salary.
- Vacation days, Christmas bonus, and vacation bonus above the law standard.
In addition, our teams are encouraged to look for innovation, spending at least 1 week each quarter on development, learning new skills, and innovative technology/solutions.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX