VP, Partner Marketing
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214246
Vice President, Partner Marketing
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer
- Teradata is looking for a passionate B2B software professional, with strong business acumen, flare for marketing and ideally with experience in marketing to and with go-to-market partners of software vendors.
- We have strategic partnerships with all major cloud vendors, several all major CSPs, GSIs, ISVs and top Industry specific application consultancies. And we are attracting regional and mid-tier SIs to sell through as well.
- The strategy is to scale the big partnerships, and programmatically attach the next tier of partner recruitment, enablement, and joint GTM efforts.
- The Vice President of Partner Marketing will be responsible for designing, implementing, and running a structured Teradata Partner enablement and benefits program aimed at accelerating the joint GTM with existing partners and attracting new ones.
- She or he will also be responsible for raising awareness of our existing partnerships within our top strategic partners, and take full advantage of programmatic benefits available to Teradata, eg from AWS, Azure, and others.
- The successful candidate will provide content focus and tactical marketing air cover to the SVP of Partners and her field sales team. They will work closely with this leader and will play a strategic and operational role to ensure frictionless alignment and execution.
- She or he will be executing themselves, building a small nimble team focused on prioritized areas, while teaming with the Partner organization, Teradata product marketers, and digital marketers, while tailoring the core Marketing content for the Partner audience. This position can be based anywhere, with possibility for hybrid home/office schedule. Travel will be required.
- The Vice President of Partner Marketing will be responsible for designing, implementing, and running a structured Teradata Partner enablement and benefits program aimed at accelerating the joint GTM with existing partners and attracting new ones
- She or he will also be responsible for raising awareness of our existing partnerships within our top strategic partners, and take full advantage of programmatic benefits available to Teradata, e.g., from AWS, Azure, and Google’s GCP
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the CMO of Teradata. She or he will be executing themselves while teaming with the Partner organization, Teradata product marketers, and digital marketers, while tailoring the core Marketing content for the Partner audience
- Create positioning / enablement packages for the Teradata partner uses cases / type
- Enable Teradata Biz Dev and Partner specialists in the field to be able to tailor and use them themselves
- Assist tactically the central Partner team when closing new or renewing existing strategic partnerships
- Work closely with the rest of Marketing to ensure proper messaging for SIs, CSP, ISVs and Advisories in the globally run Teradata Awareness and Demand programs
- Help Teradata partnership sponsors inside our top partners – CSPs, SIs, ISVs, other applications Consultancies, to promote Teradata inside their companies, e.g., via lunch & learn sessions, Teradata Day (virtual and live) events, regular ‘newsletters’, personalize mail, leveraging specifically harvested success stories, outreach to partner principles not yet familiar with Teradata, etc.
- Help turn ‘seeds’ planted by CSPs and top SIs using Teradata during modernization for Cloud efforts for their clients into opportunities for Teradata to sell additional software intelligence to those clients
- Create, rollout, and operate a true Teradata Marketing partner program:
- Design and implement over time a streamlined Teradata partner marketing program, with benefits and content tailored to the different use cases of our partners leveraging Teradata, with the goal of accelerating the enablement of existing partners and using it as an attraction for new global and regional partners
- Create and/or tailor promotional and enablement content for the Teradata partner program
- Ensure high quality of content and ease of use of any ‘portal’ underpinning such programs
- Enable the field and our partners to be able to autonomously take advantage of the assets and benefits available through the program
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Marketing or related fields. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience as a respected Partner Marketing Leader
- Product Management
- Sales Experience
- Experience with a B2B software vendor or SI / consultancies using such software
- Experience in product marketing or technical solutions / consulting or Biz Dev
- Responsibilities have included partner marketing and channel enablement
- Strong understanding of application development
- can clearly articulate technical concepts to less technical audiences
- Can articulate value of products/solution against the customer pain points
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous goals, add clarity, and then move to completion
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Partner Marketing
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US