Senior Pricing Analyst
Location: Prague, Czechia
Requisition Number: 214241
Job Title: Senior Pricing Analyst
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
As a Senior Pricing Analyst in Teradata's Deal Desk organisation, you will have the opportunity to work with the EMEA Sales team on proposal pricing, deal development and analysis. The Pricing Analyst structures and evaluates customer deals by utilizing Teradata’s pricing tools and provides vital counsel to Deal Managers, Account Teams and Sales Management on product offerings, pricing options, contract terms and conditions, competition, and price negotiation techniques. You will conduct bid reviews and provide or secure bid approval as required. On a day-to-day basis, you will help to win business and increase profitability by developing accurate pricing proposals and making recommendations on pricing options. In close cooperation with Deal Managers, you will work cross-functionally with the Account Teams, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management and other functions across the company. The position reports to the Regional Deal Desk Director.
- Create and assess bid pricing effectively with the ability to identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Provide price structuring and scenario analysis in alignment to a sales strategy.
- Become an expert in the pricing tools and processes used by Deal Desk.
- Work within Salesforce to manage pricing and appropriate approvals.
- Work closely with Deal Managers to support a Teradata sales organization.
- Interact daily with Account teams to provide pricing guidance on deals and uphold company governance.
- Consolidate opportunity pricing and prepare pricing and deal financials to support revenue recognition analysis.
- Evaluate business terms and conditions to ensure they are in line with Teradata policy.
- Capture and report bid results and metrics.
- Monitor price and cost changes within Teradata, and other product information as it impacts deals.
- Understand Teradata’s data analytics technology and competitor products and commercial / pricing tactics.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related work experience.
- Strong capability in Excel. Good capability with PowerPoint and other Microsoft Windows applications.
- Demonstrated analytical, financial and commercial skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual who is proactive
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to work closely with multiple functional areas to achieve desired outcomes.
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Knowledge of web-based applications, sales support tools, or other modern programming languages.
- Prior experience in finance, technology, pricing, solutions engineering or sales-support roles.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and cloud.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Pricing Analyst
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ