Principal QA Engineer
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 214209
The Principal QA Engineer designs the test strategy, test plans, and test case specifications, plans test resources, participates in code reviews, creates or configures the test environment, creates or procures the test data, writes the scripts that will execute the tests, executes test cases, records test case results, documents and tracks defects, and performs test coverage analysis. To fulfill this role the Principal QA Engineer must develop tests that identify defects as precisely as possible. The objective is to obtain as much test coverage as possible with a minimum set of test cases and repeated rework, retest. The Principal QA Engineer is normally the Lead Test Manager on a project and is responsible for stakeholder management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Analyze requirements and specifications and translate requirements into a defined test strategy, plan, and specifications.
• Establish expected results based on acceptance criteria and test data for test cases.
• Introduce, optimize, or adapt supporting processes like defect management and configuration management to capture and manage defects, fixes, regression test cycles, and data reloads.
• Create, install, optimize, and administrate the testing environment.
• Create customized or tool generated test scripts to execute and automate test plans.
• Execute the test scripts and test plans and record results.
• Capture and manage defects, fixes, regression test cycles, and data reloads.
• Create and communicate test reports, status, and testing information to the project team and Project Manager.
• Manages the acceptance and approval cycles in the UAT.
• Works with the operations and maintenance teams for knowledge transfer sessions as part of the transitioning activities.
• CI/CD Implementation using orchestration engine and automation tools for SDLC including Data Ingestion, Wrangling, Testing, Packaging & Deployment, Scheduling and Operations support processes etc.
• In depth knowledge of testing methodologies, testing strategies, testing tools, test case development, test process management, and defect management.
• In depth knowledge of installing, operating, and administrating test environments.
• Knowledge of the Teradata environment, database characteristics, ETL processes, and applications.
• Knowledge of configuration management, software engineering, specification methods, and development processes.
• Knowledge of quality management, project management and personnel management.
• Application Development/ Scripting (i.e. Java, shell scripting), Jenkins/Others, Git/SVN/Others
• Cloud knowledge is a plus
Skill Category Skill Mapping
Databases Primary Skill
Operations Skills Knowledge
Software Development Skills Primary Skill
Teradata Applications Primary Skill
Tools – Business Intelligence Knowledge
Tools – Big Data Knowledge
Tools – Enterprise Application Integration Knowledge
Tools – ETL Secondary Skill
Tools – Security Knowledge
Tools – System Management Knowledge
Tools – Teradata Primary Skill
Tools – Testing Primary Skill
Scripting – SQL Primary Skill
: 10+ years
: Global Delivery Center (GDC)
Community / Marketing Title: Principal QA Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK