Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Sustainability Director
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214157
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) matters are critical to Teradata’s future success around the world and are overseen at the highest levels in the company. The ESG Sustainability Director is a newly created role and will be the key person tasked with making Teradata’s global ESG program world-class. The ESG Sustainability Director will be a member of Teradata’s Law Department, reporting to the Chief Corporate and Governance Counsel.
The ESG Sustainability Director will work with internal and external stakeholders to structure the organization’s approach to ESG with the overriding goal of creating, executing and sustaining an ambitious but achievable plan to maximize the company’s ESG sustainability value-creation opportunities, minimize the company’s environmental impact, and drive the company’s strategic focus on various social and governance matters.
- Oversee and support the development and execution of environmental strategies to address issues such as energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction, and waste elimination.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and execute social strategies to address issues such as diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), employee health and safety, people management, and human rights.
- Lead the development and execution of Teradata’s ESG-related commitments, goals, targets, and objectives.
- Brainstorm creative ways in which the company can balance business obligations with the goal of respecting, supporting, and improving the local and global environments and communities.
- Draft and help implement organizational policies that address ESG matters.
- Partner with key stakeholders to implement sustainability frameworks, including TCFD and SASB.
- Conduct research and formalized risk and/or materiality assessments.
- Consider ESG priorities and proposals with attention to factors such as cost effectiveness, feasibility, and ease of integration with other programs.
- Lead global data collection, management, verification, and assurance to evaluate and support disclosure of Teradata’s ESG performance.
- Partner with ELT, Strategy Office and business and function leaders to integrate sustainability practices into strategic and annual goals across the enterprise.
- Monitor Teradata’s sustainability scores and respond to data verification requests, including from ISS, MSCI, R Factor, S&P Global, and Sustainalytics.
- Lead Teradata’s ESG reporting and communication efforts, including public disclosures, reports, presentations, proposals and program documentation.
- Serve as a member of Teradata’s Citizenship Council and support chair of the Citizenship Council with meeting planning, maintaining the meeting agendas, and drafting meeting minutes.
- Present proposals and recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team, board of directors, Citizenship Council, and other key stakeholders.
- Support the Teradata Communications, Marketing, and Investor Relations teams in developing content for internal and external key audiences, focused on meaningful sustainability initiatives and projects.
- Develop employee engagement and recognition programs focused on improving workplace sustainability.
- Develop, or oversee the development of, ESG evaluation and/or monitoring systems.
- Coordinate and prepare responses to sustainability requests from customers.
- Other duties as assigned based on business need.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Eight years of sustainability, corporate responsibility, environmental, corporate, and/or business and management experience required.
- Thorough and current knowledge of ESG practices, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of sustainability software tools, environmental regulations, climate change protocols, United Nations programs, and sustainability reporting frameworks, including TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDP, UN Global Compact, UN Sustainable Development Goals, Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Knowledge of ESG ratings and rankings, including ISS, MSCI, R Factor, S&P Global, and Sustainalytics.
- Comfort and proficiency in translating technical environmental and social data into meaningful messages for internal and external audiences
- Ability to analyze and understand research.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
- Superlative problem-solving and analytical skills and ability to work to budget.
- Must be a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) with good business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently.
We will consider virtual candidates in the United States or the EMEA region for this opening. Candidates located near an office (for example, San Diego, CA, Munich, Germany or London, England) will work in a hybrid in-office/work-from-home model.
Will require occasional travel.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Sustainability Director
Job Category: Legal
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US