Location: Prague, Prague, Czechia
Requisition Number: 214149
GDC Practice Manager - Managed Services
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place.
Teradata’s Global Delivery Center (GDC) brings together data enthusiasts from all corners of the world to support our customers within the EMEA region. We analyze their business needs and address them with the most sophisticated data solutions including Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Operational Data Stores and much more.
Practice Manager has a full responsibility for a dedicated team and is a member of a wider Leadership Team. In the role, he or she is expected to get engaged in team, center and at times globally focused initiatives as a contributor or an owner with an end-to-end responsibility. Approximately, 20% of work time the Manager will spend working on billable activities.
- Management of a team of consultants
- Project assignments
- People performance management
- Recruitment of new team members
- Planning for consultants’ development, trainings, and certification
- Quarterly and Annual performance reviews
- Compensation decisions and communication
- Team Administration (holidays, time submission, expense management etc.)
- Project Delivery – overlooking a project delivery for multiple customers
- Identification of an appropriate delivery team
- Implementation and maintenance of Managed Services standards
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Direct participation in presales & delivery activities
- Participation in Center and Global GDC activities
- Innovation and improvement of existing processes and standards
- Advertisement of GDC capabilities within the company
- Organization of internal Events – customer visits, knowledge sharing, audits etc.
- Various activities and initiatives with cross-team impact
- Cooperation with GDC teams in Pakistan and India
What you need to be successful in this role:
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Consulting and Managed Services type of delivery
- Desired certifications in and practical exposure to Teradata, ITIL, Agile and standard Project Management and Cloud solutions
- Continuous education in DB administration, managed services, and methodologies etc.
- Experience in managing multi-national, multi-cultural teams across geographies
- Hands on experience in a number of business disciplines such as project management, consulting services, business operations, information technology, and software development with a proven ability and record of success
- Ability to work independently to manage a team of consultants
- Proven ability to lead and enable teams
- Task oriented and solution driven with focus on deliverables, cost, and timelines
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proactive, Innovative with an analytical mindset driving increased customer value
- Can work under pressure in a complex, quickly changing, and demanding environment
- Fluency in English language – knowledge of German or/and French language is a plus
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work within multiple time zones and diverse cultures
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Clear communicator across all levels from college hires to client executives
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Language courses (Czech, German)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers in the amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Company’s contribution to the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: Practice manager
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ