Director Industry Expert - Healthcare and Life Sciences
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 214103
Director Industry Expert – Healthcare and Life Sciences (HCLS)
The Industry Consultant (IC) is a key member of Teradata Americas’ Go to Market Team. Engaging directly with customers and in support of current/prospect account teams, you will form part of a close collaborative team with other key dedicated account team members – the Account Executive, Consulting Services Executive, Data Scientist, and the Solution Engineer.
The IC leverages detailed industry and domain knowledge, as well as their network, to deliver differentiated business value, return on investment and value to new customers prospects using analytics and data.
The IC has broad knowledge and experience in the Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry. The IC articulates industry vision and trends, provides industry knowledge to marketing and sales activities, and supports innovation and thought leadership. The IC strongly understands and promotes the business value associated with data warehouse applications, big data analytics, business intelligence, and advanced analytics. The IC establishes or enhances executive level relationships, provides subject matter specialization on pre-sales engagements, and identifies new target opportunities emerging within the industry.
To be successful, the IC will proactively engage with both field sales teams and Teradata customers and prospects to deliver business outcomes at scale across the organization.
The primary focus of the IC is to ensure that business value is positioned and realized through selling and using Teradata technology, and that this value is clearly articulated both internally and externally and leveraged as part of the ongoing Teradata sales activities with our new customer prospects.
The key areas of focus for the IC are:
- Position Teradata as thought leader in the HCLS Industry by developing collateral and customer facing material, evangelizing Teradata’s point of view at events (both internal and external) and in customer-specific settings and build a social media presence and eminence within the industry.
- Engage Customers and Prospects as a Co-Seller to evangelize the value of accelerating their business analytical roadmap. Work with customer and sales team to document current baseline value realized, as well as desired future value opportunities from the use of Teradata technologies.
- Engage Partners: identify and engage potential partners that increase the business value of the Teradata proposition. Partners might include system integrators, consulting firms, software vendors, and data aggregators in which the combination of Teradata capabilities with partner assets increases the business value for both parties.
- Develop the Industry Practice through ongoing development of industry business value concepts, IP, methodologies, templates, and material that can be deployed by the organization at large for both internal training, demand creation (pipeline) and external (customer) work. Support account teams with specific opportunities to integrate these concepts and opportunities in their account plans.
- Coaching and mentoring by engaging with sales teams to provide support, mentoring and clear direction on the value of, and how best to deploy, industry business value concepts to the organization overall and specifically to GTM team members. Also be the champion for change and influence the teams to include more business value content in their account strategy and sales activity.
These responsibilities are reflected in key skills you will need
- Strong collaboration skills – both with the account teams and with other stakeholders
- Professional and effective communication skills that successfully build and maintain customer relationships at senior management and C-level
- Strong industry and subject domain knowledge, including of data warehousing and analytics, that enables you to position Teradata in a differentiated way
More specifically, as a Director Industry Consultant, you will
- Act as a trusted adviser and influencer to senior management of various lines of business
- Leverage industry experience and research to develop a cohesive strategy and compelling key business value offers, consulting methodologies, and sales & marketing collateral to support account teams and marketing
- Provide input into sales strategies through insight of industry trends, company profiles, business plans and key commercial goals
- Identify new business opportunities for analytical ecosystem solutions and develop sales plays to go to market
- Mentor Teradata consultants on engagements to infuse industry knowledge into their specific technical or analytic consulting expertise
- Support the delivery of data and analytics pre-sales consulting engagements as an industry SME helping to build business cases from insights, as well as carrying out knowledge and IP capture for reuse
- Support key internal and external events with presentations, keynote speeches, social media content, and publications
- Work with Teradata’s consulting services organization and ecosystem partners to develop relationships in support of the go to market approach
Because of the role’s collaborative nature between Teradata and the client, periodic travel may be required.
To succeed in this role, you’ll ideally have a combination of the following
- MPH, MD, RN, BSc, MBA or MSc in a business, technical or professional discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years industry experience, including proven experience in selling complex business value based capabilities involving multiple parties (third party software, partner services, and consulting services)
- Acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain – Data Management, Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Population Health, Clinical/Patient/Member Analytics etc.
- Credible in front of C-level executives and their leadership teams. Have become a trusted advisor, providing direction and best practice in the use of data to achieve business goals.
- Ability to craft and tell a story with data, excite business stakeholders on the insight that has been created and articulate the approach to realizing business value.
- Experience of building business cases based on the application of analytics and converting into live, fully funded projects.
- Ability to create solid and trusted working relationships with clients – understand their business strategy and priorities, use Data and Analytics to grow their business, and engage other industry consultants when additional deep SME capability is required
- A commitment to ongoing learning and personal development – both for themselves and their extended teams
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proficiency in written and spoken business English
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Director Industry Expert - Healthcare and Life Sciences
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US