Change Control Support Engineer
Location: Canberra ACT, Australia
Requisition Number: 214078
Teradata Global Support Operations is expanding and building capabilities to further drive our company and function’s transformation.
We are seeking a Change Control Analyst focused on delivering onsite and remote System Changes as well as Incident/Case Support as required. The primary responsibility of this candidate is to work with customer, Service Experience Managers and local Teams to plan, prepare and implement system change controls to Teradata customer’s mission critical systems in a country/service cell in APAC. The CC Analyst will work with the whole APAC Change Control team as well as offshore remote change control specialists when applicable to ensure delivering consistent and standardized change controls with quality and best-in-class customer experience.
This position is based in Canberra, Australia. Australian citizenship is essential. Successful applicant will need to apply government security clearance.
This is a fast-paced high-tech environment and may require extended hours and after-hours follow up given the nature of the changes occurring 7x24.
Key Responsibilities of the Change Control Analyst:
- Provide high quality change control services to Teradata Customers through:
- Pre-CC consultation and Preparation
- CC Coordination, schedule and planning
- Onsite or remotely implementation of CC
- Apply CC best practice in all activities/ tasks
- Use CC Automation Tools and Templates
- Contribute to CC template improvements
- Work closely with the Global Support Operations to resolve technical problems related to CC
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members
- Actively engaged in new technology learning and adoption
- Provide TDVM local language support for implementation service
- Provide TDVM post-implementation onsite services
- Provide onsite/remote Incident support if it is required
- Participate into 24x7 on-call support with local field when it is required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Australian citizen with government security clearance
- Understanding of modern computer technology, including Operating Systems (Linux/Unix, Windows), Networking, Database, etc
- Working knowledge of Teradata Database - Preferred
- Technical understanding of entire Teradata Ecosystem - Preferred
- Experience in a computer related technology field - Preferred
- Passion for customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Willing to work in a virtual team with different cultures
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- Have strong organizational skills, self-starter and self-directed
- Experience working customer services role (plus)
- Ability to travel and work under pressure
- Preferred Education: BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or an equivalent discipline
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Change Control Support Engineer
Job Category: Services
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU