Business Systems Analyst – Global Information Technology
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 214073
The Business System Analyst - Global Information Technology is responsible for maintaining and improving the health and wellness of Marketing technologies and services for the Information technology team. In this role you will participate in the implementation of prioritized projects and sustaining support of Marketing technologies and services, ensuring all platforms are continuously optimized through our agile continuous delivery process to meet the prioritized needs of the business community with high measured business value.
What You Get To Do In This Role
This position will be a key member our Information Technology support team for all Marketing technologies and services including but not limited to 6Sense, Pathfactory, Kentico CMS, Seismic, Eloqua, and up to 30 additional prescriptive point solutions serving the Marketing organization. The role will join a team of skilled Marketing technology support team employees within our global IT organization as well as our supporting contingent offshore and onshore staff. The primary scope of responsibility will span various applications in Teradata’s Marketing technology ecosystem as well as numerous integrated services. Key business stakeholders within the Marketing business unit will be key and critical business partners for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience learning and translating business processes into technical solutions, providing Marketing technology platform application support and configuration, and be an excellent communicator and trusted technology partner to business stakeholders.
- Partner with Marketing teams to understand the root cause of their needs and elicit business requirements for system changes
- Develop strong relationships across the organization, acting as a subject matter expert (SME) and trusted advisor in relevant Marketing business processes
- Define functional requirements, process flow diagrams and actionable tasks to deliver a scalable solution to the business goals
- Advise the business on the benefits and risks related to system and functionality changes
- Anticipate unrealized problems or dependencies and recommend solutions
- Administer and configure systems to meet business requirements, maintain system health, and support user experience and adoption
- Look to understand and improve business process rather than simple lift and shift approaches or without challenging “the way we have always done it”
- Coordinate and collaborate with architects, developers, testers and other project team members to translate requirements, design and develop solutions, collaborate with the delivery team on development, manage testing activities and perform post launch activities as outlined by requirements and priority of key business stakeholders
- Lead small projects end-to-end including scoping, documenting requirements, communication, testing and change management
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar field of study, or 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience working on multiple applications or projects with various timelines
- Proven ability to learn new business applications and concepts and how they can be made effective in a future-state Marketing ecosystem
- Expertise in Account Based Marketing and Digital Marketing / Personalization technologies (6sense and Pathfactory preferred)
- Understanding of best practices specific to SDLC methodologies including Agile, Scrum, and other project lifecycles
- Understanding of UAT, test cases, functional design documents, technical specification documents, and process reporting
- Understanding of change management processes and procedures specific to handling of change requests
- Exemplary interpersonal and verbal/written communications, flow and process diagramming presentations, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a strong collaborative environment
- Experience in project management or leading small-scale technology implementations
- Experience or certification in multiple Digital Marketing & supporting technology solutions like Marketing Automation and/or Content Management System (Eloqua, Google Tag Manager, Drift, Akamai, Kentico, or other)
- Expert in Jira for Agile or Scrum
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Business Systems Analyst – Global Information Technology
Job Category: IT
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US