GSO BASE Cloud - Customer Technical Support Specialist
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 214014
GSO BASE Cloud- Customer Technical Support Specialist
Major Responsibilities: This is an opportunity for an individual to become a member of the Teradata IC-Cloud-Operations team (as part of Global Support Organization (GSO)) in providing specialized support to the Teradata IntelliCloud (IC) customers across the globe. The candidate will work with a team of engineers devoted to providing World Class service in support of IC customers globally and occasionally, when required, directly with the customer as appropriate.
The Customer Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to Customers and Managed Services who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex Cloud Servicies/Operations problems. Employees will learn all areas of the IC Cloud-platform including general configuration, implementation, administration, performance (both at the system and individual level), dump analysis, system back-up/recovery, and problem recreation using in - house test systems. Specialization is encouraged, and Teradata Certification is available in several areas. Teradata Global support is a 24x7 operation and may require working non - standard shifts and on - call rotation.
An experienced Customer Technical Support Specialist who will provide frontline technical support (L1/L2) to our IntelliCloud customers across the globe. The GSO Cloud Customer Technical Support Specialist will take complete accountability for providing timely assistance and technical guidance to customers. The candidate will resolve queries raised on the Teradata Cloud Platform (IntelliCloud) and drive toward customer success. We are looking for L1/L2 Support Engineer with a strong IT infrastructure/Operations & Cloud Fundamentals background. Candidates with technical support expertise across IT/Cloud operations, IT/Cloud service management, for global enterprise customers as well as service providers are preferred.
What do you do at Teradata Intellicloud-Operations as Support Engineer?
- Handle customer calls on various Cloud Infra/Service/Setup/Scheduled jobs – understand the issue/impact and triage them to appropriate Level 2/Level 3 teams or take appropriate action as per L1 support guidelines.
- Ensure each incident is documented with issue, available KCS, required logs and basic analysis with an explanation of why the Incident is routed to a particular team? and what are the expectations.
- Work independently with our customers & TIER2 teams on post- sale technical issues. Resolve/Direct technical issues related to Teradata Intellicloud Cloud platform/services as reported by the customers. Work as a technical resource for product engineering to bridge complex issues.
- Provide basic triage by logging into Teradata Nodes, collect required logs, provide the analysis before escalating to L2/L3 teams.
- The investigations of technical issues may involve medium-to-high complex technical and data analysis in the platform. Support might also require in an in-depth examination of the interactions between Intellicloud and the customers infrastructure teams.
- Develop best practices for delivering outstanding service, as well as participate in knowledge sharing through the creation of knowledge base articles.
- Define, coordinate, and prioritize customer feedback and ideas into engineering requirements for future enhancements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide English telephone support for the Teradata Intellicloud customers by conducting problem triage, trouble shoot and problem analysis on complex incidents that are escalated to Cloud-Ops/GSC.
- Monitor cloud system events via alert monitoring system like DataDog, ICINGA, Create/update an Incident/Ticket for all issues and escalations to Level 2 support or Level 3 support organizations
- Being a single point of contact for escalations on all Severity 1 service events to the Level 2 support and Level 3 support organizations.
- Ensure Excellent Customer Service is provided and maintained on a 24 x 7 x 365-day support model
- Swarm for all Severity 1 events between Level 1 -3 support teams
- Ensure customer Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Objectives (SLO) are met for each customer by responding to all support requests
- Monitors Teradata Intellicloud customers ticket queue for incoming requests and responds to customer issues according to the customers SLA or SLO
- Monitors/tracks system level and database backups and escalations for Teradata Global Support (TGSC)
- Ability to clearly document Hotline/Escalation call flow to include resource chart.
- Provisioning and Configuring Security Policies on the customer nodes and the Administration Nodes of the Tier 2/3 Resources.
- Run security checks and Vulnerability Scans on customer systems and check for security alerts.
- Conducting monthly maintenance on Teradata customer Nodes/Servers.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge on SQL, Linux, Cloud Infrastructure.
- Basic knowledge of VM’s, AWS, Azure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills& telephone etiquette.
- Quick learner
- Strong troubleshooting / problem - solving skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible with shifts (i.e. after - hours, weekends, and holidays) as needed
- Provide 7x24 rotating on - call support
- Having Knowledge on ITIL fundamentals would be an added advantage.
- Experience with Network Operations Center will be an advantage.
- Degree in Bachelor of Engineering
- Technology or relevant engineering /science fields or other technical discipline
- Understanding of logical / physical database concepts & Cloud concepts
- Cultural awareness
Community / Marketing Title: GSO BASE Cloud - Customer Technical Support Specialist
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX