Operation Service Consultant
Multiple Locations: Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland • Prague, Prague, Czechia • London, England, United Kingdom • Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 213927
Team: EMEA Operation Service Team
Job Summary: Operation Service Consultant – Senior Professional
The EMEA Operation Service Consultant is responsible for delivering the Data Migration service (utilizing DTU) and TDVM related service. Presale advisory and implementation (Remotely and On-site) are the main focus areas for these services. The individual will provide technical leadership to account teams and customers within a Region around DTU, VMWare and our Teradata TDVM product and services, aligned with Managed Services and company direction.
The candidate will work with customer, Service Experience Managers and local Teams to plan, schedule and execute Operation Services (DMS and TDVM) in EMEA. He/She will work with the EMEA TDVM COE to ensure delivering consistent and high quality services to assure best-in-class customer experience.
This is a fast-paced high tech environment and may require extended hours and after-hours/week ends follow up.
Key Responsibilities of the Operation Service Consultant:
- Analyze customer’s business and data to determine DMS requirements
- Design and Document the DMS solution
- Develop and Implement Data Migration utilizing DTU
- Consult and Conduct Knowledge Transfer session with the customer as part of the DMS engagement process
- Serve as the primary contact for the assigned Operational Services engagement
- Strive to provide an outstanding customer experience through dedication, technical expertise, processes, tools and collaboration
- Drive adaptation of Teradata’s Best practices, strategies, methods and procedure while delivering the DMS and TDVM services to the customer
- Coordinate within the Teradata business to support solution delivery success
- Deliver expert level services related to TDVM and associated use cases
- Ability to work with early life TDVM products in an incubator environment, where customer use cases are rapidly evolving, and product capabilities are not fully mature.
- As appropriate, participate in field-based development of process and tools that allow for standardization and automation of future deliveries.
- Work with customers in the pre-implementation environment to ensure customer’s VMWare environment meets and complies with TD specifications for TDVM implementation and configuration.
- Provides TDVM technical leadership to supporting implementation team members as part of an overall customer engagement where related technology may be deployed in conjunction with TDVM.
- Resolves post implementation TDVM configuration, implementation, basic tuning and troubleshooting services as part of a Managed Services statement of work.
- Support GSO as Level 2/Level 3 collaborator on incident resolution
- Acts as a Regional SME/individual contributor in complex TDVM solution offerings and implementation projects requiring a high level of expertise. Mentors local in country resources to increase their awareness and technical competency related to TDVM over time.
- Work close with the TDVM COE when problems occur requiring deep technical and problem resolution skills
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members
Experience and Qualifications:
- Passion for customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Technical understanding of entire Teradata Ecosystem
- Experience working in a virtual team with different cultures
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter and self-directed
- 2+ years Teradata CS or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a computer related technology field
- Working knowledge of Teradata database, OS like Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- Experience working customer services role (plus)
- Ability to travel and work under pressure
- Preferred Education: BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or an equivalent discipline
Community / Marketing Title: Operation Service Consultant
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Warsaw, Mazowieckie PL