Platform Manager Technical - AWS
Multiple Locations: Raleigh, NC, USA • Atlanta, GA, USA • Boston, MA, USA • New York, NY, USA • Herndon, VA 20170, USA • Pennsylvania, USA
Requisition Number: 213918
Teradata Cloud Operations team manages Teradata application on cloud platforms and ensures availability, reliability of the platform and keeps the quality of service at par for our customers. As a Platform Manager Technical - AWS, we are expecting for you to be a hands-on leader to make it all possible for the Teradata systems running on AWS Cloud. You will be focused on improving and optimizing the operational processes following ITIL guidelines. You will bring in experience of using cutting edge technology and automation that will be the core of operational excellence for this position.
You will work cross-functionally with Sales support, Product Management, Engineering, global support teams to ensure a unified customer experience on AWS cloud.
- Support a 24x7 team of Cloud Operation Specialists along with other Platform Managers
- Be the AWS cloud subject matter expert for the Operations Team
- Assist in Vendor management, communication, technical issue resolution with AWS
- Own and improve operational processes for example Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, post-mortems, RCAs and others
- Support & identification of training requirements for the operations team
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships/alignment with partners across the business
- Build and maintain relationships with other Cloud Operations Managers to maintain consistent policies, processes and metrics across cloud platforms
- Collaborate with Cloud Product Management by providing Operations’ perspective to drive improvement to the product and services with a focus on availability, reliability, scalability etc.
- Participate in backlog grooming and influence Engineering’s roadmap priorities
- Maintain consistency of cloud environments through efficient release management process
- Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Field teams for questions that relate to the Cloud Service Offering
- Point of contact for escalation Management as necessary during all phases of customer support
- Define and deliver KPI’s and reports which help provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas
- Drive continual improvement through strategic and thoughtful solutions with an automation first attitude
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders
- Experience with AWS Cloud is a REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of core system administration tools, basic networking protocols, Cloud security and compliance
- 5+ years’ experience running operations for cloud / SaaS platforms (preferably AWS)
- Strong management skills, but also be able to dive into details as needed
- Experience with automation solutions relevant to Cloud Operations
- Experience with ITSM tools
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
Additional Experience Preferred
- AWS SysOps Administrator certification is a plus
- Experience in data warehousing and high-performance computing environment is a plus
- Teradata experience is a plus
The base pay range for this position is $136,570(Pay Range Minimum) to $211,700 (Pay Range - Maximum) per year with a midpoint of $174,140 (Pay Range - Midpoint), however, the range may vary based on the employee’s geographic location and other factors. Starting base pay for the successful applicant will depend on internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and candidate experience among other factors. Learn more about Teradata’s competitive Total Rewards package here.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Platform Manager Technical - AWS
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US