Cloud Operations Manager - APJ- Japan
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Requisition Number: 213893
Cloud Operations Manager
Teradata Cloud Operations team manages Teradata application on cloud platforms and ensures availability, reliability of the platform and keeps the quality of service at par for our customers. As a Cloud Operations Manager, you are expected to be a hands-on leader to make it all possible for the Teradata systems running on Public Cloud. You will be focused on improving and optimizing the operational processes following ITIL guidelines. You will bring in experience of using cutting edge technology and automation that will be the core of operational excellence for this position.
You will work cross-functionally with Sales support, Product Management, Engineering, global support teams to ensure a unified customer experience on public cloud.
- Coordinate with a 24x7 team of Cloud Operation Specialists to support Teradata Cloud customers in APJ
- Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Field teams for questions related to the Cloud Service Offering
- Point of contact for escalation Management as necessary during all phases of customer support
- Help improve and deliver KPI’s and reports which help provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas
- Identify and suggest improvement to operational processes for example Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, post-mortems, RCAs and others
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships/alignment with partners across the business
- Build and maintain relationships with other Cloud Operations Managers to maintain consistent policies, processes and metrics across cloud platforms
- Provide Operations’ perspective to Product Management to drive product & services improvements with a focus on availability, reliability, scalability etc.
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders
- Experience with atleast one public Cloud (AWS, Azure & Google Cloud) is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of core system administration tools, basic networking protocols, Cloud security and compliance
- 5+ years’ experience as an established technology leader
- Extensive experience leading teams who have supported ‘as a Service’ production environment
- Strong management skills, but also be able to dive into details as needed
- Experience with automation solutions relevant to Cloud Operations
- Experience with ITSM tools
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Fluent in English as well as in Japanese
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Operations Manager - APJ- Japan
Job Category: Services
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP