Lead Cloud Network Engineer
Multiple Locations: San Diego, California, United States • San Francisco, California, United States • Denver, Colorado, United States • Atlanta, Georgia, United States • Chicago, Illinois, United States • Boston, Massachusetts, United States • New York, New York, United States • Raleigh, North Carolina, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 213774
We’re seeking a Lead Cloud Network Engineer experienced in the design, implementation, and support of large-scale Hybrid and Multi-Cloud environments. This hands-on position will provide technical expertise regarding such things as SDN, NFV, Network automation, LAN / WAN, VPN, and Load-balancing technologies within a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. Strong preference towards someone with full-stack experience that has worked in a DevOps environment. You will lead a team of 3-4 Engineers.
What You'll Do
- Understand and participate in DevOps culture and practices
- Design, Deploy and Support new and existing hardware in support of current customers and future growth
- Automation is in your DNA
- Manage small to medium-sized projects and/or portions of large projects and assist in resolving issues and planning for new network services and connectivity
- Provide a level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding network performance and configuration, including off hours escalations
- Maintain network documentation, run-books, diagrams, and network assets in the configuration management database
- Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to Network management including process and efficiency improvements
- Monitor and tune network infrastructure to identify and eliminate issues and potential bottlenecks
- Prepare and review periodic reports related to performance and capacity
- US Citizen, Green Card Holder, EAD (or H4 EAD), or OPT holder
- 7+ years of experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and/or network configuration automation (Scripting with Pearl/Python/Bash or DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- 7+ years of experience with TCP/IP, VLAN/VXLAN, VRF, QoS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP as well as MPLS connectivity/architecture
- 5+ years with LTM, GTM, ASM, and WAF (F5 and Palo Alto preferred)
- Working knowledge of network monitoring and performance tools such as SolarWinds Orion and Wireshark
- Practical experience related to LAN, WAN, InfiniBand, VPN, and P2P, preferably in a Hybrid or Multi-Cloud environment
- Broad technical knowledge of Cisco networking technologies and platforms to include, Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Nexus 9/7/5/2k, ASR 1k and 9k, vPC, OTV, and VDC configuration
- Strong understanding of IT production environments, operational strategies, and mission-critical systems to include IT internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Teradata platform
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Current CCNP, CCDP or CCIE
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental, and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Cloud Network Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US