Senior BI Consultant
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 213758
Senior BI Consultant
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavour to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
This is a project-oriented position, onsite, having experience in managing client expectations while delivering services and solutions. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build and testing of all components of the Business Intelligence solution in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement. This person shall have good communication as well as technical skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- This individual will be responsible for New report/dashboard development, report maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, etc.
- Should be familiar with data warehousing concepts that will contribute to innovative business solutions.
- Good knowledge of development lifecycle required to successfully deploy the BI solution including the following: semantic layer design, BI architecture, performance tuning BI applications, and logical and physical data model design and implementation.
- Effectively analyse, resolve and document business problems.
- Keep current on new/relevant technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputed Educational Institute.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields is preferred.
- Post-Graduate degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of overall BI experience with Customer facing project experience
- Semantic modelling experience.
- Business Requirement lifecycle knowledge is required, such as creation of a BRD (Business requirement document)
- Development in Power BI.
- Excellent Consulting, Oral and Written communication, and Presentation skills
- SQL and Database experience with a major RDBMS (for example Teradata, SQL Server, DB/2, Oracle)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Strong background in IT
- Open to learn new tools and technologies.
- 5+ background/experience with BI Tools. Power BI is a must. Any additional knowledge of the following tools will be a plus (Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc…)
- Experience with Logical and Physical Data Modelling, Database Architecture, Data Warehousing and ETL Methodologies
- Minimum 5+ years of BI Experience
- Object Creation: Attributes, Facts, Metrics
- Reports & Dashboard Creation
- Familiarity with Web portal & subscription services (preferred but not required).
- Cubes, Attribute relationships, Hierarchies
- Custom SQL reporting expertise preferred.
- Experience with Localization, Transaction Services, API Customization or Datamarts will be a plus.
- Experienced in Metadata development
- Experienced in development of data sources, data extracts including data blending
- Experienced in Report development
- Experienced in development of dashboards & story boards
- Experienced in development of complex visualizations & advance chart types (preferred but not required)
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Senior BI Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG