Sr Test Engineer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 213688
Primary responsibility will be performing feature testing for the Teradata Cloud Database features including understanding the feature specifications early in the development cycle to create test specifications, test cases and test plan, under the guidance of the feature test architects.
Additional responsibility will include isolating and trouble shooting the problems, providing assistance to the developers in resolving problems related to the Cloud Database features in general.
Candidate will be expected to work closely with feature architects/manager, Tech lead, & Team members. Programming skills in C, Shell and Python are required. Having strong SQL knowledge will be an added advantage. The ideal candidate will also be able to write Feature/Unit/Performance test cases and automation scripts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of programming experience and/or software testing experience.
1. Ability to understand product features and functionalities from design documents
2. Ability to write feature test specifications, developing the test cases and automating them, testing of bug fixes, providing assistance in debugging and isolating the problems
3. Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
4. Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
5. Understanding and designing test frameworks for test
6. Working experience in Agile Software Development with exposure to test driven development
7. Good technical/conceptual performance testing knowledge
8. Proficient in any of the scripting languages
9. Good knowledge in CICD and DevOps tools
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Responsible primarily for the feature testing of cloud database features.
2. Participate in understanding of feature enhancements and creation of test specifications, cases and plan as needed.
3. Develop test scripts either using C language, Shell scripting, Python etc.
4. Write technical documents that accurately describe unit test plans and reports.
5. Execute tests according to approved test plans.
6. Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
7. Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
Works with project team members and architects and reports to engineering manager.
1. Strong programming skills with Python, Perl, Shell etc.
3. Software development experience in Linux/Unix Environment
4. Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
5. Attention to detail
6. Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
7. Good verbal and written communication skills
8. Works well in a team environment
The following skills are desirable but not required:
9. Cloud testing
10. Teradata Database Knowledge
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX