Lead Teradata Developer - Cloud
Location: Karnataka, India
Requisition Number: 213550
Role: Teradata Lead
Job Location:- Bangalore/Bengaluru
Educational Requirements: -
Bachelor’s degree from a reputed Educational Institute.
Post-graduate degree is a plus
Technical Skill Set & Experience Required:-
TD Sr Developer will work with Tech Lead and stakeholders to understand requirements and develop specific data warehouse subject areas.
• 10-15 years of experience
• Strong Requirement Elicitation & Analysis skills
• Ability to coordinate with SMEs, stakeholders, manage timelines, escalation & provide on time
• Good knowledge in Teradata concepts and Logical/physical database design
• Teradata 16 / Vantage, Physical design, Application Development, Scheduling Tools, Performance Optimisation
• Any experience on Cloud migration projects (preferably Azure) will be a definite plus and huge advantage
• Excellent knowledge of UNIX
• Author complex stored procedures, SQL Jobs, ETL jobs
• Good knowledge of Database tuning, physical design and in-DB application development.
• Manage database import / export processes used to generate client data warehouse deliverables
• Good knowledge of any Cloud technology, preferably Azure
• Finance domain knowledge
• MIS reporting experience
• Understanding/exposure to GCFR will be a plus point.
• Good documentation skills.
• Experienced in any of the Configuration and Scheduling tools.
• Beginner knowledge of data modelling and Tier 3 design
• Bachelor’s Degree completed or close to completion in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, or other relevant numerate discipline.
• Demonstrated analytical, technical, and communication capabilities
• Very good Knowledge of SQL programming; preferably Teradata SQL, however knowledge of Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server or other RDBMS systems will also be considered
• An understanding of Financial Reporting and/or Financial Concepts
• Ability to prioritize assignments, handles shifting deadlines, and work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Previous experience using ETL tools such as DataStage or Informatica is plus.
• Previous experience using BI tools such as Business Object, MicroStrategy or Microsoft BI is plus
Soft Skills Required:-
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
Willing to Learn and explore new technologies
Key Areas of Responsibility: -
This individual will be responsible for High End solution design, Architecture, integration, and transformation, database design and development (logical / physical) and tool implementation related to data warehousing (responsibility level will be commensurate with the position level and will begin in a learning mode).
Interface with Teradata engineering staff and Client as needed to resolve highly complex technical issues
Specify, demonstrate and scope Teradata solutions that deliver business value to the client / prospect.
Transfer knowledge and expertise to other TERADATA professional services associates.
Provide technical expertise to data warehouse clients that will contribute to innovative business solutions.
Flexible in working in off-working hours (shift work) including 24X7 Support if required
Professional Development Offered:-
Training on the Teradata database
Opportunities to work on high-profile international projects
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Teradata Developer - Cloud
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN