Manager, Insights & Analytics
Multiple Locations: San Diego, California, United States • Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 213523
This role is responsible for leading efforts related to finance analytics & must deliver on key projects and dashboards that enable financial visibility and analytics. This role requires balancing and influencing multiple competing priorities and individuals. The individual must work cross-functionally with senior leadership across Finance, Sales Ops, Consulting Ops, and others
The role will lead another analyst and is expected to be player & coach – rolling up your sleeves to get work done directly is as critical as well as structuring and providing guidance.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive analytic strategy and platform for finance
- Embed a data-driven mindset throughout the finance organization and manage report and dashboard development
- Lead a small team, develop and coach team members
- Design and Develop Power BI reports, dashboards and dataflows
- Collaborate with data warehouse team to provide strategy and assist with the building of new semantic views and the addition of new source data
- Support management in strategic, operational planning and ensure decisions in line with overall Teradata approach and goals
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and represent the Sales Operations organization with cross-functional teams
- Identify, scope and drive critical projects and initiatives partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive insights and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results
- Collect & analyze data, information, and research (e.g., market data, competitive analysis, etc.) through quantitative and qualitative mechanisms to make decisions on critical strategic issue
- Bridge the gap between technology teams and the business, especially when communicating requirements and determining optimal solutions
- Craft presentations for all audiences (individual contributors, line managers, and top executives)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other STEM field =
- Strong analytical background with 5-7+ years of experience, at least some of which was within a Finance, Sales, Sales Operations, or Consulting environment
- Experience using Power BI or similar BI tools is required
- Advanced SQL writing capabilities and expert Excel knowledge
- Data Modeling experience - Strong sense of appropriate data models and ability to coach others on data modelling
- Ability to effectively lead through ambiguity is critical for success in the role.
- Advanced degree (MBA or Masters degree in STEM field) preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in the technology industry preferred
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI, Salesforce Analytics, SSAS, and Teradata
- Knowledge of key requirements for an optimal enterprise data architecture for analytics
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Insights & Analytics
Job Category: IT
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US