Cloud Operations Manager
Location: Prague, Prague, Czechia
Requisition Number: 213493
Teradata Cloud Operations team manages Teradata application on cloud platforms and ensures availability, reliability of the platform and keeps the quality of service at par for our customers. As a Senior Platform Manager, we are expecting for you to be a hands-on leader to make it all possible for the Teradata systems running on Public Cloud. You will be focused on improving and optimizing the operational processes following ITIL guidelines. You will bring in experience of using cutting edge technology and automation that will be the core of operational excellence for this position.
You will work cross-functionally with Sales support, Product Management, Engineering, global support teams to ensure a unified customer experience on public cloud.
This position can be based in other locations in the EMEA region.
- Coordinate with a 24x7 team of Cloud Operation Specialists to support Teradata customers in EMEA
- Be the cloud subject matter expert for the local field teams
- Identify and suggest improvement to operational processes for example Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, post-mortems, RCAs and others
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships/alignment with partners across the business
- Build and maintain relationships with other Cloud Operations Managers to maintain consistent policies, processes and metrics across cloud platforms
- Help provide Operations’ perspective to Product Management to drive improvement to the product and services with a focus on availability, reliability, scalability etc.
- Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Field teams for questions that relate to the Cloud Service Offering
- Point of contact for escalation Management as necessary during all phases of customer support
- Help improve and deliver KPI’s and reports which help provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders
- Experience with at least one public Cloud (AWS, Azure & Google Cloud) is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of core system administration tools, basic networking protocols, Cloud security and compliance
- 5+ years’ experience as an established technology leader
- Extensive experience leading teams who have supported ‘as a Service’ production environment
- Strong management skills, but also be able to dive into details as needed
- Experience with automation solutions relevant to Cloud Operations
- Experience with ITSM tools
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
Good to have
- Cloud certification is a plus
- Experience in data warehousing and high-performance computing environment is a plus
- Teradata experience is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Operations Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ