Lead Technical Writer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 213479
We are welcoming a Staff Content Developer / Lead Technical Writer to our team of skilled technical communicators and content operation experts.
As a lead technical writer at Teradata, you play an important role in the overall user experience by creating crisp and engaging content to help our half a million users efficiently perform their job. Implementing search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, you put the content users seek right at their fingertips. You help connect dots and shape the end-to-end experience for our users.
- Produce top-notch technical content for our users, including Database Administrators, Data Scientists, Business Analysts, and Developers, guiding them seamlessly through our solutions.
- Lead content development work, making sure the content is aligned with user needs. Respond to changing scope and schedules, likely for multiple projects at a time. Distribute and delegate work to team members.
- Author web-based user guides, in-product content, persona-based content, reference content, use case solutions, and more.
- Gain empathy for your audience by understanding the user environment to provide content that simplifies and improves the user experience.
- Advocate for the end user and collaborate closely with product management, UX, engineering, support, and other content-producing organizations.
- Contribute to evolving our best practices, identify opportunities to improve our content, and make our processes more efficient.
- Leverage your content management expertise to ensure our content is created, published, and maintained efficiently.
- Manage projects in collaboration with geographically disperse team members to drive delivery of end user content for strategic initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree, a technical background, and at least eight years of relevant experience.
- Current experience developing content for enterprise level products, including at least three years of project or other leadership responsibilities.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and transform technical concepts and procedures into relevant content for the intended user audience.
- Experience documenting Cloud Native solutions. Ability to grasp advanced concepts at solution-level as well as technical details.
- Experience using DITA XML and a content management system (CCMS). We author using Ixiasoft CCMS and oXygen editor.
- Exceptional organizational skills and determination to find information, then decide the best way to deliver it to the user.
- Curiosity, desire, and skills to excel within different areas of content production. You enjoy learning about new technologies, trends, and concepts as they come along.
- Solution-oriented approach to problem solving. You are open-minded with strong interpersonal skills.
- Simultaneously self-reliant and collaborative. You can take an assignment and run with it.
- Product knowledge: Analytics or database software and applications
- Technical knowledge: Python, R, APIs, and Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Developing and publishing web HTML content, following SEO best practices
- Developing documentation in an agile environment
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technical Writer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX