Senior Cloud UI Engineer
Requisition Number: 213472
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Developer tools team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers, to build cloud services like data streaming and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms.
We are looking for seasoned cloud engineers who will have front end responsibilities to deliver great customer, developer and operational-user experiences for our Vantage Cloud Platform and ecosystem components. In this role, you will work closely with Cloud Services, Platform and Infrastructure teams to gain a deeper understanding of different persona-based use-cases and drive development of feature-sets that provide administration, monitoring and operational capabilities in a self-service and managed offerings model in a multi-tenant console dashboard.
· Design, implement and deploy web-based multi-tenant, cloud native front-end applications to provide manageability and operational visibility to our Vantage cloud platform offerings
· Work with the UX team, product management and other platform engineering teams to help create and evaluate new product ideas and technical designs
· Implement best practices that produce maintainable code, including usability patterns, code style conformity, integration, testing, and code review.
· Participate in detailed reviews of design, architecture, and code produced by other engineers within the team
· Recommend alternate approaches, analyse impacts, and provide sizing estimates
· Collaborate with other cross-platform team members to build effective integrations
· Prepare service and feature-related documentation – functional specifications, design considerations, architecture compliance, GAP analysis, etc. spanning multiple phases of the SDLC.
· Analyse, design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
Required Skills & Experience
· Deep understanding of web standards & technologies (ex. HTTP, REST and JSON).
· Strong knowledge in writing Automated Test Suites using frameworks like Jasmine, Protractor, Mocha, Cypress, Jest, or Selenium
· Familiarity with TDD and concepts like mocking and stubbing for unit / integration tests.
· Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong knowledge of asynchronous concepts (async/await, promises, observables)
· Strong knowledge of state management concepts with experience using frameworks like rxjs, redux, mobx, akita.
· Experience using Angular, Angular Material
· Experience building desktop applications using Electron
· Familiarity with ci/cd pipelines using GitLab
· Familiarity with monorepos and nx
· SQL experience
· Familiarity with the Monaco editor and language server protocol
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud UI Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX