Location: Prague, Czechia
Requisition Number: 213328
Position Title: Senior DBA
- Manage and support 24x7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- Should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform Performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- User Management
- Security Management
- Space Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Workload Management
- Performance Tuning& Performance Reporting
- Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
- Managing Project Teams, Mentoring, Client Co-ordination
- Project Deliverables
- Manage Customer Meetings and Co-ordinating with Teradata GSC
- System Performance monitoring using Teradata Viewpoint.
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistant /TSET etc.
- User, Objects and Security management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup(TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Exposure to manage the Development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as an Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoad / Multiloading/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPT and should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM.
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
- Exposure to Teradata Utilities
- Coordinate Software/Hardware Upgrade Activities.
- Ensure Teradata Polices, Procedures, Customer SLA’s are honored.
- Exposure to PDCR Reporting and Analysis.
- String debugging skills
- Engineering Graduate
- 8+ years of DBA experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
Skills & Attributes
- ITIL Foundation certificate and above.
- Working experience as an DBA in Teradata or Oracle
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Should be able to lead a large team.
- Ability to Manage Team Conflicts.
- Handle Customer Escalation.
- Transition Management.
Desirable Skills :
- Understanding of Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model.
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept.
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, OWB, Hyperion, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy were an important part of the environment.
- Experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) a plus.
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing on-site training about Teradata Vantage architecture
- 25 days of holiday a year, 3 sick days and various other time off to enjoy special occasions
- Flexibility of working from home and from our fully equipped office in the 24th floor of the second tallest building in Prague
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Language courses for employees
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DBA
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ