Cloud Operations Manager, AWS FedRAMP (Virtual, US)
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Dallas, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • San Diego, California, United States • San Francisco, California, United States • Atlanta, Georgia, United States • Chicago, Illinois, United States • New York, New York, United States • Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 213249
Cloud Operations Manager, AWS FedRAMP
Location: Virtual, US
**US Citizen Required**
Teradata Cloud Operations team manages Teradata applications on cloud platforms and ensures availability/reliability of the platform and keeps the quality of service at par for our customers. As the Cloud Operations Manager for AWS FedRAMP customers, you will be expected to be a hands-on leader and enable the team to make it possible for the Teradata systems to run on AWS Cloud. You will be focused on improving and optimizing the operational processes by following ITIL guidelines. You will leverage your experience using cutting-edge technology and automation which will be core to operational excellence for this position. You will work cross-functionally with Sales Support, Product Management, Engineering, and Global Support teams to ensure a unified customer experience on AWS Cloud for our customers in FedRAMP environments.
- Lead a 24x7 team of Cloud Operation Specialists and act as AWS Cloud SME
- Vendor management, communication, and technical issue resolution with AWS
- Own and improve operational processes e.g., Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, post-mortems, RCAs, and others
- Support & identification of training requirements for the operations team
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships and alignment with partners across the business
- Build and maintain relationships with other Cloud Operations Managers to maintain consistent policies, processes, and metrics across cloud platforms
- Collaborate with Cloud Product Management by providing Operations’ perspective to drive improvement to the product and services with a focus on availability, reliability, scalability, etc.
- Participate in backlog grooming to influence Engineering’s roadmap priorities
- Maintain consistency of cloud environments through efficient release management processes
- Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Field teams for questions that relate to the Cloud Service Offering
- Act as point of contact for escalation management as necessary during all phases of customer support
- Define and deliver KPI’s and reports which help provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas
- Drive continual improvement through strategic and thoughtful solutions with an automation-first attitude
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders
- US Citizen
- Experience with AWS Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of core system administration tools, basic networking protocols, cloud security, and compliance
- 5+ years of experience as an established technology leader managing 24x7 operations teams
- Extensive experience leading teams who have supported as-a-Service production environments
- Strong management skills, but also be able to dive into technical details as needed
- Experience with automation solutions relevant to Cloud Operations
- Experience with ITSM tools
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- AWS SysOps Administrator certification is a plus
- Experience in data warehousing and high-performance computing environment is a plus
- Teradata experience is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Operations Manager, AWS FedRAMP (Virtual, US)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US